• The KillerFrogs

never forget where we have come from -f.a. dry show after 1977 tcu-texas game

Eight

for those of you on this board who have never experienced some of the darker days of tcu football and tcu sports here is a link to the coaches show after a bad loss to texas in 1977.

in the metroplex the coaches show for most of the swc schools and ou were shown sunday nights on channel 11. as you can see cdc was not the first tcu ad to sport the purple sport coat.

this is how a number of texas alums and fans still see tcu despite what has happened and they will never see us as a peer.

never forget they will leave us for dead once again if they get the chance which is why it is important gary and his teams win every chance they can against texas. they may never see us as equals, but they damn well will know the results since the frogs joined the big 12.

scheiss texas, scheiss mensa, here is to gary and his team going to austin and doing what they do tomorrow afternoon

hail to thee you orange son of a [hundinnen ]

Eight

Is that at DKR?

yes, back when they had a track around the field and the big "t" scoreboard behind the south endzone.

every time they have added to the stadium they match the materials, but not necessarily the design which is why they have the gap between the west upper deck and the north endzone and east side upper deck or that the west upper deck has a curve to match the west side bowl.

it reminds me of driving through west texas and you see people build coverings over their mobile homes

Last edited:

froginmn

FA Dry was aptly named. I can't imagine what it must have been like to go from Dry to Wacker.

Who turned up the volume so loud?

82 Frog Fever

Those days were not much fun. TCU was trying to compete and recruit in a major conference (P5 today) with facilities and funding comparable to a WAC/Sunbelt conference school. Just bad.

Eight

Is the film speed or the actual players' speed, that making everything seem slow motion? Good grief athletes are getting fast.

ironic you should ask that question.

johnny "lam" jones who caught the long touchdown pass was one of the fastest players in texas longhorn football history and a texas high school track legend.

jones' final leg for lampassas in the mile relay is one of the great moments in the history of that stadium. ran down the entire field in a single lap after starting roughly 40 yards back when he got the baton (texas' high schools ran distances in yards then and the distance varies a bit depending upon the amount of bier drank by the person telling the story claiming to have seen the actual race)

biggest difference for one is athletes are faster, tcu was not very good nor athletic back then, and the speed of the big guys.

Last edited:
I remember seeing Lam, Ham, and Jam Jones or three Jones brothers or relatives on the Horns back then. Can anyone elaborate o the players I may have the names wrong?