• The KillerFrogs

Need info from Southlake posters here - what's the deal over there?

Chongo94

They finally realized bleach tips are not a viable hairstyle...

Actually sounds like some pressuring of grade issues/eligibility stuff given the three areas they seem to be focusing on according to that article. Pure guess though.

Eight

The word "culture" was used in Kevin's article. Hazing perhaps?

possible, just shared what i have been told by a few friends who coach in the area and the rumblings they have heard on the matter

if you look at all three points they refer in my mind to conduct of the individual and the mention of the UIL is the thing that gives a bit of credibility. apparently not an uncommon issue of having a coach with their hand in the till so to speak of booster club funds and fundraisers such as summer camp programs. do know of a few local high schools near us that have had baseball coaches get reassigned/ move on over similar things.

kidkarr

The coaches usually get the camp money correct? Have spoken with a few and I understand it’s like a summer job. Can our resident coaches chime in?

Not sure if your saying that was the issue though?

possible, just shared what i have been told by a few friends who coach in the area and the rumblings they have heard on the matter

if you look at all three points they refer in my mind to conduct of the individual and the mention of the UIL is the thing that gives a bit of credibility. apparently not an uncommon issue of having a coach with their hand in the till so to speak of booster club funds and fundraisers such as summer camp programs. do know of a few local high schools near us that have had baseball coaches get reassigned/ move on over similar things.
Just talked to someone who would know and he has heard they were holding practices too long. This means probably a parent turned them in - the parent of a backup who thinks their kid should start. He also mentioned Wasson and the AD do not get along. Ah, the politics of school biz.

Eight

The coaches usually get the camp money correct? Have spoken with a few and I understand it’s like a summer job. Can our resident coaches chime in?

Not sure if your saying that was the issue though?

From the UIL manual:

In accordance to Section 1209 regarding non-school competition (leagues, camps, clinics,
clubs, tournaments, 7 on 7) coaches or a group of coaches:
The C&CR allows the following:
1) Can supervise facilities.
2) Can assist with organization to include, but not limited to: assignment of officials, helping to secure
facilities, development of schedules, scheduling of facilities, assisting with registration process, helping
to secure equipment.
3) Can assist the primary coordinator or point of contact with the selection of coaches, but cannot assign coaches to teams.
4) Can assist the primary coordinator or point of contact with the selection of players, but cannot determine who can play on what teams.
5) Can distribute information regarding the details of the non-school event for informational purposes. Distribution of such materials should be in accordance to the policies and procedures of the local
school district regarding non-school activities.
6) Can collect registration fees for coordination purposes only. No checks may be made payable to the school or the coach and no funds shall be deposited in any school or coaches account.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/offseason-nonschool-participation.pdf

in one of the two baseball coaches i referenced above the registration checks were made out in his name and then transferred to the booster club account. why? who knows, might not have known different. in the case of this baseball coach the way he handled the money was simply the excuse used to appease some unhappy parents

Eight

Just talked to someone who would know and he has heard they were holding practices too long. This means probably a parent turned them in - the parent of a backup who thinks their kid should start. He also mentioned Wasson and the AD do not get along. Ah, the politics of school biz.

your second to last sentence is key. i would imagine their practice time isn't much different from other programs in the area, but it might be enough to cause the move

From the UIL manual:

In accordance to Section 1209 regarding non-school competition (leagues, camps, clinics,
clubs, tournaments, 7 on 7) coaches or a group of coaches:
The C&CR allows the following:
1) Can supervise facilities.
2) Can assist with organization to include, but not limited to: assignment of officials, helping to secure
facilities, development of schedules, scheduling of facilities, assisting with registration process, helping
to secure equipment.
3) Can assist the primary coordinator or point of contact with the selection of coaches, but cannot assign coaches to teams.
4) Can assist the primary coordinator or point of contact with the selection of players, but cannot determine who can play on what teams.
5) Can distribute information regarding the details of the non-school event for informational purposes. Distribution of such materials should be in accordance to the policies and procedures of the local
school district regarding non-school activities.
6) Can collect registration fees for coordination purposes only. No checks may be made payable to the school or the coach and no funds shall be deposited in any school or coaches account.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/offseason-nonschool-participation.pdf

in one of the two baseball coaches i referenced above the registration checks were made out in his name and then transferred to the booster club account. why? who knows, might not have known different. in the case of this baseball coach the way he handled the money was simply the excuse used to appease some unhappy parents
Nice cut and paste but I don't think this is the main reason. Not that it isn't true - not saying that - but separate from today's news.

Eight

Nice cut and paste but I don't think this is the main reason. Not that it isn't true - not saying that - but separate from today's news.

i think when and if it actually comes to light the truth by itself will be something fairly small, but enough to get done what someone wants to get done. he survived that daxx garman fiasco so matter it was just a matter of people biding their time

i think when and if it actually comes to light the truth by itself will be something fairly small, but enough to get done what someone wants to get done. he survived that daxx garman fiasco so matter it was just a matter of people biding their time
you may have a good point. Never understood how he survived the Garman situation.

Last edited:

New info reveals this may be it. Thanks, 8.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Bottom line, he probably oversaw some violations that would have gotten many coaches a slap on the wrist. Take for instance practicing over time. I haven't worked with a FB coach yet that doesn't flirt with that line from time to time.

However, he hasn't won a title since 2011, and the Southlake powers that be have decided its time to move on and are making sure they can move on.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

A Grade change pressure
B Funneling camp/club funds to where they should not go
C Funds run through camp/club as reward for directing a recruit
D Not enough recent titles
E It's Southlake

Take your pick

TheFDN

Rumblings in the coaching community were he was getting pushed out the door anyways.
Bottom line, he probably oversaw some violations that would have gotten many coaches a slap on the wrist. Take for instance practicing over time. I haven't worked with a FB coach yet that doesn't flirt with that line from time to time.

However, he hasn't won a title since 2011, and the Southlake powers that be have decided its time to move on and are making sure they can move on.
Bingo.

sketchy

When story first broke, I automatically assumed it’s sex related.....possibly felony related.
But, it will probably end up being something $$ related.....along with not winning a state championship since 2011.