• The KillerFrogs

ND to copy Baylor's schedule?

SuperTFrog

If OU didn’t play Ohio St last year they would have been in the playoff. This year if Ohio St didn’t schedule OU, they would have made it in. It makes sense to make your schedule as easy as possible. The committee has made it clear that the number of losses is ABSOLUTELY the most important thing.

rifram09

Hey should re-think independence. If they just joined the ACC division opposite of Clemson and FSU they would elevate that conference and themselves to another level.

Frogged

Frogged
If OU didn’t play Ohio St last year they would have been in the playoff. This year if Ohio St didn’t schedule OU, they would have made it in. It makes sense to make your schedule as easy as possible. The committee has made it clear that the number of losses is ABSOLUTELY the most important thing.
What about Wisconsin this year?

SuperTFrog

What about Wisconsin this year?
What about them? If they had another loss against a good team they would be in?

There about 12 teams that can get in with one loss (Wisky is not one of them), everybody else has to go undefeated. OSU, USC, OU, UT, Bama, Georgia, Notre Dame, Mich, etc can all get in with one but not two losses. The rest of us have to go undefeated. No reason to make it harder than it has to be. Playing Ohio St does nothing for us next year. If we win but lose a game during the rest of the season we are still out.

TooColdU

The precedent has been set. Unless you are in a G5 conference (UCF), the main thing that matters is the # of losses you have at the end of the season.

Washington got in last year with a piece of cake OOC schedule. Their best OOC game was against Rutgers at home.

Casey T

There about 12 teams that can get in with one loss (Wisky is not one of them), everybody else has to go undefeated. OSU, USC, OU, UT, Bama, Georgia, Notre Dame, Mich, etc can all get in with one but not two losses. The rest of us have to go undefeated. No reason to make it harder than it has to be. Playing Ohio St does nothing for us next year. If we win but lose a game during the rest of the season we are still out.

Dumb. Look at Washington last year

Purp

The precedent has been set. Unless you are in a G5 conference (UCF), the main thing that matters is the # of losses you have at the end of the season.

Washington got in last year with a piece of cake OOC schedule. Their best OOC game was against Rutgers at home.
Rutgers is in the B1G aren't they?

Limey Frog

Yeah. All their talk of 'quality wins' and strength of schedule just went to the crapper with their decision to put Bama in over Ohio State. Darn them for it. Best regular season in sports? The buttholes just sent a memo to every school with playoff pretensions that they shouldn't schedule anyone more difficult than Vassar until conference play, and that if possible they should drop down to eight conference games while diluting their division schedule by inviting schools up from the Sun Belt in order to "add eyeballs" in [insert name of state with athletically useless D-1 research university].

Klaw

I strongly dislike your post. Life is about challenges and you will never achieve greatness unless you test yourself.

As a TCU fan, I would love to see a non-conference schedule of all heavyweights ie Ohio State. I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced several years ago

SuperTFrog

I think you are misreading me. I LOVE big non conference games. I never miss them. Was 100% going to Ohio st for the home and home. I am just saying that if the goal for your team is to win a title you should schedule cup cakes. As a college football fan, I want nothing but heavy weight non conference games.

I agree with Kelly. Most conferences do have that November cupcake game. It is another bye scheduled late. SEC and ACC have a cupcakes in November, which as you see benefits them. Two SEC teams and one ACC team in the college football playoff. I think Big 12 should do he same. It would be great to play Southern Jaguars the week after West Virginia and before Baylor in 2018. It essentially would give two byes for everyone in the conference and much needed rest for the starters as it does for the SEC and ACC. It would split the schedule up in nicely. I 100% agree with Brian Kelly.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The things ND doesn’t have that seem to be important to the cabal that makes decisions are a 13 data point, championship game and or championship. If the go Baylor stupid they rely on reputation only which should dissipate rapidly. I’d love to see them turn into the Catholic BYU!

notyalc

Notre Dame may want to schedule their rivals for every other year. Keeps the tradition alive. I can't see how they don't play 4 or 5 ranked teams every year with their schedule.