• The KillerFrogs

Morris out 4-5 weeks

Salfrog

Tier 1
Some backup players just aren't good practice players. When they are put in and given the chance once the lights come on, they show what they are really capable of.

For that matter, some starters are excellent practice players, but disappear in games.

SuperTFrog

College football is littered with stories of backups who went on to do great things. Hell just at TCU I'll give you Jeff Ballard as an absolute shining example of someone who never played and ended up being really good.
Would you say it is the exception or the norm that the backup is better than the starter? I'll hang up and listen.

SuperTFrog

What a beating. You must be fun at parties....
Not a lot of people on this board bother me so I don't get into many pissing wars. Moose is definitely one of them. He is willing to fight every battle (reminds me of my 7 yr old). Sometimes I get drawn offsides. Probably need to utilize the ignore function.

Moose Stuff

Not a lot of people on this board bother me so I don't get into many pissing wars. Moose is definitely one of them. He is willing to fight every battle (reminds me of my 7 yr old). Sometimes I get drawn offsides. Probably need to utilize the ignore function.

My apologies for being optimistic about our ability to have success running the ball while Morris is injured. LMAO.

Purp

Would you say it is the exception or the norm that the backup is better than the starter? I'll hang up and listen.
I admit I can't see who Moose is arguing with in this thread b/c I have that/those individuals on ignore, but I don't see him starting a pissing match with you anywhere. The one picking fights seems to be you.

Am I missing something? Should I hang up and listen?

Moose Stuff

I admit I can't see who Moose is arguing with in this thread b/c I have that/those individuals on ignore, but I don't see him starting a pissing match with you anywhere. The one picking fights seems to be you.

I'm sure he's referencing a previous interaction, although I don't remember any with him. I DO like to argue. In my defense, it would stop if people stopped being wrong.

SuperTFrog

Indeed, not from this thread.

SuperTFrog

I think we missed Morris today but that doesn’t mean we won’t be able to run the ball going forward. Everyone needs to relax and let the coaches do their jobs.

Pharm Frog

Of course we missed Morris. Probably missed him more for blocking calls than actually blocking. But the primary issue with our running game IMO was completely misreading the Stack Three alignments and getting baited into edge running when inside running against slanting DEs and bear LBs would have been preferable. That's not on the C. That's on the play call taking you away from your strength advantage. I believe I read somewhere on here that KH said they were having trouble reading and CGP said something similar.

Still need Morris back but I didn't find that much issue with C or Gs yesterday unless you expect them to block two defenders at once on third down blitzes. Get well soon Mr Morris

82 Frog Fever

As the TV camera panned across the TCU sidelines, I thought I saw Issahaku coming off the field and looked to be hurt. Does anyone remember seeing him toward the end of the game?

Moose Stuff

Ka

Kansas had:

50 rushes
367 yards
7.3 YPC

That is EFFECTIVE.

I like this capitalization game your playing because I did that in my post. . It is FUN!

We had 4.6 YPC against Arkansas and OSU when Morris was playing. 4.7 yesterday. And that was with WV stacking the box to stop it.