• The KillerFrogs

Morris out 4-5 weeks

frogforlife

Because we have a beyond capable replacement and capable backups for the position the replacement is vacating. If you want to treat it differently be my guest.

If you watched closely Saturday, we played 6 OL. That was the extent of participation. Now one of those six is out. We have only 5 OL that Patterson and Thompson felt on Saturday were good enough to go against top flight talent. Otherwise, more would have played in the heat we experienced. How is this not a huge issue going forward.

f_399

Was he the starting center to start the season or did he win the job over Schlottman(starting center last year?) this season

Moose Stuff

If you watched closely Saturday, we played 6 OL. That was the extent of participation. Now one of those six is out. We have only 5 OL that Patterson and Thompson felt on Saturday were good enough to go against top flight talent. Otherwise, more would have played in the heat we experienced. How is this not a huge issue going forward.

You want to panic then panic. I'm not.

Worth noting that GP thought D Anderson was good enough to get 27 carries last year. Doesn't mean he wasn't any good.

Wexahu

I've got to think we have a couple guys sitting the bench who can come in and be a capable player. I seem to remember last year about this time Morris being discussed as maybe one of the weak links of the line last year. And now he's an irreplaceable player? I hope he gets back soon, but I'm not buying that. Check out some of these other team's injury lists, for the most part this year we've been pretty fortunate.

Moose Stuff

I've got to think we have a couple guys sitting the bench who can come in and be a capable player. I seem to remember last year about this time Morris being discussed as maybe one of the weak links of the line last year. And now he's an irreplaceable player? I hope he gets back soon, but I'm not buying that. Check out some of these other team's injury lists, for the most part this year we've been pretty fortunate.

Take your optimism and get out!

W

Way of the Frog

Was he the starting center to start the season or did he win the job over Schlottman(starting center last year?) this season

Both played center last year, Schlottman started the first 4 games with Morris starting at guard, Morris started the next 2 games with Schlottman out for injury, and then Schlottman finished the year back at center.

Not sure why the switch this year, guess Thomsen thinks it is the Frogs' best offensive line, and a big key will be Niang getting back in shape so that Pryor can slide inside at guard.

As far as depth in the line Thomsen has two weeks to get a good handle on who he thinks he can trust in a game and where to focus his energies.

TCUdirtbag

Today’s depth chart shows the follows starters on the OL (L to R):
Noteboom, Iwuagwu, Schlottmann, Pryor, Niang
Second string (also L to R):
Myers, Elliott, Hollins, Altman, Bolisomi