• The KillerFrogs

More Wiscy classlessness

big z

Most of the Badger fans I talked to were friendly and congratulatory after we won. I did see some Wisconsin students that were clearly acting in poor taste, but IMO, the Utah fans were much worse.

Not saying they weren't, but how were Utah fans much worse? I know we've got some idiots, as do most fan bases but i'd like to hear how bad they were.

We had a good time with the TCU fans up in our tailgate, the group of 10 passed through and had breakfast with us and a few cocktails. We tried to make them as comfortable as possible, sorry you had a bad experience here.

Are you sure you weren't mistaken with the whY fans down in Provostan?

smufrogger

I don't hear anyone saying they had a bad time, just commenting on boorish behavior. Before the game I saw some young wisc fans having a great time, yes drinking heavily but I remember those days myself. They were calling out both tcu and wisc passerbys to chug their bag of who knows what. As their language wad colorful, I just smiled w amusement but had the window up to avoid having my young kids hearing it all.
I have no prob w what went down there. It's the chants during a national anthem, the F U t cu while the players were walking in, those times were many were f bombing in unison that said to me the two schools are really on a different level of class. Yes there are people at all schools that behave poorly but I can't remember a school using an F U chant among the student body. I cringe and usually ask fellow frogs to watch themselves when they act poorly as I take it as a reflection on my school. Yet just from my own perspective, there appeared a lack of general decorum or crowd restraint. Maybe we are much different of a school? I know there are many pro football venues not family friendly, but I always considered college ball not like that
Really glad we won though as I'm sure these comments would come off as just losers whining. I'll take being a whiny winner!

ARFrog

My contact with Wisky fans was OK in general although the older the fan the more polite as mentioned. Did meet a great group of students on the gold line where there was a group conversation among about 10 Frogs & Badgers. Good kids.

At the rental car agency I rode with a family from Nevada that sat in the mixed section near the Wisky student section. They came as neutral fans but quickly became Frog fans due to the Wisky student chants.

oldscribe

You are hopeless.
I swear MAF has been taking lessons from various trolls. Yes, over the years I have seen Frog fans who were an embarrassment. But so many of the Frog folk who were elbow-to-elbow with Wisky fans in California say the same thing: Most of them, particulary those under 40, acted like total jerks. They ain't making this up, MAF.

michaelperrytcu

Sitting directly behind us were Wisconsin alums from New Jersey... quite possibly the worst combination of scum that could possibly be concocted.

PlanoFrogII

Our experience with the Wisconsin fans was poor. First off, they were generally unfriendly, cold and often stared at us as if we were some low class people. On the way to the game with our TCU flags flying proudly on our car we were flipped off by a Super Shuttle full of Wisconsin fans (nice for your 13 year old to see that!).

We were most unimpressed with the fans, and their lack of maturity. They did nothing but harm the image of their school and the State of Wisconsin. Maybe the cold tundra explains their conduct and looks.

sous vide

Our experience with the Wisconsin fans was poor. First off, they were generally unfriendly, cold and often stared at us as if we were some low class people. On the way to the game with our TCU flags flying proudly on our car we were flipped off by a Super Shuttle full of Wisconsin fans (nice for your 13 year old to see that!).

We were most unimpressed with the fans, and their lack of maturity. They did nothing but harm the image of their school and the State of Wisconsin. Maybe the cold tundra explains their conduct and looks.

Not so. Anyway, they don't have real tundra in Wisc. Trust me, I know!

Frog97

Had this older couple (late 60's) say as we were walking across that tiny bridge to Lot K, "Your little school played their hearts out and beat us fair and square. You must be so proud!" My wife and I were speechless as we were keeping our heads somewhat down in a Sea of Red not wanting to make eye contact with some of the rif-raff we were hearing all around us.

I did run into many 50 something white guys, who when I would make statements like "Here's to a Good Game or Good Luck" on Friday they just walked on by w/out muttering a word. Kinda pathetic for grown men to have such little class.

Not like the Clemson faithful...wow they were polite before, during and after!

Oh well, glad I'm not a [Craig James] hole fan...

89dallasfrog

A school bus full of WI fans passed us on the way to our tailgate flipping us off, yelling f-tcu, f-bush and something about wanting our grandsons. Didn't really get that one, maybe they liked little boys.

LVfrog

Maybe this is why I got stuck in Denver because I would have been hard pressed to keep my mouth shut when the BS started. I can't stand to be around rude people.

Phil Snider

I'm not trying to be rude but I had to get everyone's input on this. Is it me or did Wisconsin have the absolutely worst looking women you have ever seen? My friends and I probably saw 10,000 Wisconsin women throughout the day and no BS....only about 5 of them were what I would consider decent looking.

Is it the climate or something? It almost got comical at one point because finding a good looking girl in that crowd was like trying to spot Sasquach. Unreal.

freebird

I'm not trying to be rude but I had to get everyone's input on this. Is it me or did Wisconsin have the absolutely worst looking women you have ever seen? My friends and I probably saw 10,000 Wisconsin women throughout the day and no BS....only about 5 of them were what I would consider decent looking.

Is it the climate or something? It almost got comical at one point because finding a good looking girl in that crowd was like trying to spot Sasquach. Unreal.

Warm in those long cold winters and shady in the summer time.

Good breeding stock.
16150980.jpg

....just kidding....
wink.gif

staypurple12

Most of the Badger fans went out of their way to shake our hands and show class after the game. There was lots of talk pregame but that is to be expected (lots of pre game lubrication). I was in the group that helped each other work their way around fenced areas post-game and everyone was classy. Met some fans at dinner that night and they also went out of their way to show class and respect.

I am a young alum and have seen very poor behavior on multiple occassions in our own stadium. I got f-bombed in our own parking lot by some of our own trying to get into my $750 parking spot. My young kids saw and heard it all...we are going to move spots if possible next year - embarrassing

I am old enough to realize that this "childish" behavior is the exception and not the norm. A small percentage a) doesn't know how to act b) can't handle alcohol in a competitve setting. The adult thing to do is see this and go out of our way to make sure it doesn't happen amongst our own and in the forums. I think we are pretty good about this now and need to continue to do so as we are now a nationally recognized fan-base. This is something to be proud of.

onwis25

Most of the Badger fans went out of their way to shake our hands and show class after the game. There was lots of talk pregame but that is to be expected (lots of pre game lubrication). I was in the group that helped each other work their way around fenced areas post-game and everyone was classy. Met some fans at dinner that night and they also went out of their way to show class and respect.

I am a young alum and have seen very poor behavior on multiple occassions in our own stadium. I got f-bombed in our own parking lot by some of our own trying to get into my $750 parking spot. My young kids saw and heard it all...we are going to move spots if possible next year - embarrassing

I am old enough to realize that this "childish" behavior is the exception and not the norm. A small percentage a) doesn't know how to act b) can't handle alcohol in a competitve setting. The adult thing to do is see this and go out of our way to make sure it doesn't happen amongst our own and in the forums. I think we are pretty good about this now and need to continue to do so as we are now a nationally recognized fan-base. This is something to be proud of.

It's funny that you remember that, I wonder if we ran into each other. That was a good memory - getting ourselves trapped and then going under the fence as a group. LOL. Take care.

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
Sorry to bring this back, but just got back into town and wanted to add our experience.
We met a lot of Wisconsin fans, at our hotel, at Universal Studios City Walk, at and around our tailgate, before and after the game. We encountered a few, mostly younger ones that were just flat out rude and obnoxious. Of the rest, the majority could best be categorized at cocky and arrogant. They would not make any eye contact, would not respond when we would say "hi". When we passed there were all sorts of mutters and put downs. It was weird.
I will say after the game, most of those "fans" put their heads down and walked away quietly. Those that were left were very kind and gracious in defeat, offering congratulations and compliments on our team.
Not the worst I have been around, but definitely not as classy and nice as the Clemson fans.
Bottom line, we won the Rose Bowl, so I really won't be giving those fans a second thought.

SF

Nohitter

Just back in town myself so I will add a little to this. Most Wisconsin people we encountered were generally ok but the funniest moment of the whole trip for me happened at halftime due to a 25 or so Wisky kid trying to cut in line at the restroom. The line was about a half a block long and I had waited about 10 minutes to get in. I had turned around and when I turned back I noticed this guy had slipped in front of me. So I politely tapped him on the shoulder and told him where the end of the line was and this fool didn't even acknowledge that he even heard me. At that point, I stepped around him and then said that since he obviously couldn't hear, to read my lips, " The end of the line is that way." He then said something to the effect that he had been there all along and didn't leave. All of a sudden another TCU guy behind me stepped in and told him to step out and he still wouldn't leave. Anyway, long story short, before all was said and done there were 2 others that were about his age from TCU ready to wail on this clown. So trying to be the peacemaker, I calmly looked this kid in the eye and told him that he obviously was not thinking too straight because there was a better than even chance that he was fixing to get his young arse kicked and being the kind hearted person that I am, didnt want to see that. It was at this point, his desire to use this particular restroom diminished a bit and he kind of slithered away. So somewhere in the Wisky nation tonight, there is someone that can thank me for intervening and making sure that he still has the same amount of teeth he started the new year with.