• The KillerFrogs

more drug arrests?

SuperToad

Where on earth did I say this?
wacko.gif

Really hard to converse when you are shoving words in my mouth. In fact, I said quite the opposite:

[/size][/color]

Yes, my mistake.

I guess I was "arguing" your statement about pot ruining peoples lives.

$mooth

I hate the drug laws and I don't think they're Constitutional, but every action has a consequence. Deal with it, and maybe don't sell weed.

I've always held that the Gov't does not have a place in telling adults what they can and can't put in their bodies. And I mean that for prescriptions, marijuana, trans-fat, nicotine, whatever. This feeling has no bearing on what is happening with TCU, it's based on the illusion of a free country.

HornedFroginAustin

I've always held that the Gov't does not have a place in telling adults what they can and can't put in their bodies. And I mean that for prescriptions, marijuana, trans-fat, nicotine, whatever. This feeling has no bearing on what is happening with TCU, it's based on the illusion of a free country.

It is indeed just an illusion...unfortunately, people are more concerned with if Snooki is pregnant, why the Kim K got a divorce and who will be the NEXT American Idol than they are about their rights and the over-expansion of a bloated government.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I seriously doubt they will keep the vehicles. Yes a vehicle can be seized if it was used while committing a felony or paid for by illegal funds, but most DA's wont seize because the vehicle is not paid off or in another person's name. It will require a lot of proof. It will be interesting how the TCDA's office addresses these charges/issues.

DickBumpastache

Good for you, although if it were a truly consistent view you'd go the whole 9 yards and include crack, heroin, etc.

My main point was that the anti-drug crowd has been numerous and vociferous every time another school has been busted, and all of a sudden we've flip-flopped now that TCU has gotten involved. Not pointed at you individually, but as a board collectively.

GlendarrochFrog

Good for you, although if it were a truly consistent view you'd go the whole 9 yards and include crack, heroin, etc.

My main point was that the anti-drug crowd has been numerous and vociferous every time another school has been busted, and all of a sudden we've flip-flopped now that TCU has gotten involved. Not pointed at you individually, but as a board collectively.
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm okay with everything that the FWPD and TCUPD has done. If those guys were selling drugs (even very little amounts), then they should be kicked out of school. From what I've heard, TCU is pretty clear on the drug policy. The only part I'm not okay with is the media frenzy that we brought upon ourselves. The actions or arresting these kids and kicking them out of school...bravo, get rid of them.

Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but this is a message board and you can state your opinion.

G

Ghost of UPub

Weren't we told by a certain poster on this site that the reason the operation was ordered in the first place is that those high up in admin were told about all the money was being made selling drugs on and around the TCU campus?

So where is all that money? Heck, the Patriot Act allows them to go after bank accounts of those suspected in illegal activities so how many accounts were frozen or seized?

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel didn't think there could be a dumber acting person than illini frog. Steel was wrong. A drunk illini frog would be infinitely dumber no doubt. Boggles the mind...

Weren't we told by a certain poster on this site that the reason the operation was ordered in the first place is that those high up in admin were told about all the money was being made selling drugs on and around the TCU campus?

So where is all that money? Heck, the Patriot Act allows them to go after bank accounts of those suspected in illegal activities so how many accounts were frozen or seized?

Those drug dealers probably spent some of their profits to buy more drugs... it's called business!!

$mooth

I go the whole 9. Though I won't touch the stuff, it's not my place to tell you not to.

Agree that the board has been rough on UT and such. I don't think these guys have a place at TCU and definitely not on a sports team (but that's the coach's/admin's call). I guess I'm okay with rules against the activities, just not laws.

asleep003

You can read the FWPD's internal memo here:
http://blogs.star-te...-operation.html

Police searched all the homes of the alleged "dealers." Of note, they founding nothing illegal -- no pipes, no papers, no pot -- at the house Yendrey and Horn shared. And these are supposed to be drug dealers? Doubtful.

A search of Brock's house turned up less than a half ounce of marijuana and a few glass pipes.

Your tax dollars hard at work.

"Less than" 15 joints.......maybe this big drug dealer was selling by the Roll. The last 3 Presidents are known weed users in college...... not to mention the middle one an ardent cocaine user. When I was at Froggy High, that 1/2 a Lid was about $5.00 or a good bottle of scotch.

Cheers !