• The KillerFrogs

Michigan State = Baylor 2.0

LVH

Rumor is that Dantonio and Izzo may be in the way out due to a large number of sexual assaults and rapes under their watch

maximilian

Unlike Briles, I have a lot of respect for Mark Dantonio. This would be very disappointing if the accusations are even remotely true.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
This doesn’t help his cause.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Allswede told Outside the Lines that about seven years ago, an attorney from the university's general counsel's department came to her office to try to reassure her that coaches were taking allegations of sexual violence seriously. Allswede says the attorney told her how Dantonio, the football coach, had dealt with a sexual assault accusation against one of his players: He had the player talk to his mother about what he had done.

"That did not reassure me at all," Allswede says. "There's no guarantee that that had any effect, any help, whatever."

Opintel

Moderators
Damn...if these accusations/allegations are true, it could divert attention from BU. No diversion accepted. Damn it.

Purp

Unlike Briles, I have a lot of respect for Mark Dantonio. This would be very disappointing if the accusations are even remotely true.
I agree. Even if all this is true (no reason to believe it isn't) D'Antonio still isnt as bad as Briles bc he did kick several players off the team for sexual assault a few years ago. That still wouldn't make up for even one cover up, though.

FrogCop19

This doesn’t help his cause.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...on-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Allswede told Outside the Lines that about seven years ago, an attorney from the university's general counsel's department came to her office to try to reassure her that coaches were taking allegations of sexual violence seriously. Allswede says the attorney told her how Dantonio, the football coach, had dealt with a sexual assault accusation against one of his players: He had the player talk to his mother about what he had done.

"That did not reassure me at all," Allswede says. "There's no guarantee that that had any effect, any help, whatever."

So if everything goes his way, Allswede ends well?

Get it?

GET IT???

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
question for the lawyers on this site.....if you were someone who was assaulted by a michigan state football player after 2010 could you possibly name the head of the ncaa in a lawsuit for failure to act and possibly prevent your attack from taking place?

You can name the pope if you want. Part of the game is to name anyone you think might be culpable and see what sticks.

One big difference at Michigan St vis a vis Baylor is MSU’s status as a state institution with all of the oversight and investigatory muscle that implies. I suspect more heads will roll and more golden parachutes deploy now the lid is off. The purge may extend beyond the institution