• The KillerFrogs

MBB

SuperTFrog

We missed 5 out of 6 from the line over a two minute stretch when we were trying to close out the game in the last 5 minutes. Kenrich missed a layup. We were a few bounces away in the last 5 minutes from winning by twenty plus points. I am sure this is EXACTLY what Jaime wanted. Played a bunch of guys, we got the win and he has PLENTY to rip their asses about.

SnoSki

I feel like our guys expected it to come a little easier tonight. They have a lot of work to do but anyou can’t complain if you win!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
We didn't play great and it was still never really in doubt... they stayed alive by hitting what seemed like a ridiculous percentage of 3 pointers.

Robinson kept getting to the rack, like he usually does, but he couldn't finish. We also missed a ton of FTs. Noi is going to be a player.

I'm sure I've missed it, but why didn't Samuel dress? He looks like a monster.

Edit: Looks like they ended up 44% from 3. They were like 10 for 16 at one point, though, then cooled off.
I don't think Samuel has qualified yet. Something about his home school records being destroyed in a hurricane maybe? I could be wrong.

Is Lat Mayen redshirting?

TCURiggs

I don't think Samuel has qualified yet. Something about his home school records being destroyed in a hurricane maybe? I could be wrong.

Is Lat Mayen redshirting?

Yeah, I knew the hurricane deal was in the mix. I also know we have a lot of foreigners (NTTAWWT)/new players with names I don't know yet, so all of that is running together and confusing me on Samuel.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yeah, I knew the hurricane deal was in the mix. I also know we have a lot of foreigners (NTTAWWT)/new players with names I don't know yet, so all of that is running together and confusing me on Samuel.
I had to have a program close by all game. And I still had trouble.

Noi can play but he sure isn't scared to jack up a three.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It also doesn't help when we just signed our recruiting class for next year before this year started. I keep thinking those guys will suit up.

TCURiggs

I had to have a program close by all game. And I still had trouble.

Noi can play but he sure isn't scared to jack up a three.

Looked like everyone knows Noi can shoot... they were trying to get him oustide looks all night and he had a perpetual green light. That surprised me, but I like it.

TCURiggs

What impressed me tonight was the student section. It was full and they were into it. They sure can provide some energy for the team when they get rolling. Great job students!

Yeah, they did a good job. They kept up with the "air ball" guy and were hammering that mouthy #5. I saw a ULM Dad-type go over and talk to a few of them on the front row, assuming they went a little too hard on someone, which I fully support. Good showing from the students, and a pretty good crowd overall.

Tom Brown

Yeah, they did a good job. They kept up with the "air ball" guy and were hammering that mouthy #5. I saw a ULM Dad-type go over and talk to a few of them on the front row, assuming they went a little too hard on someone, which I fully support. Good showing from the students, and a pretty good crowd overall.

Great taunting when it gets to the helicopter parents.

Moose Stuff

We missed 5 out of 6 from the line over a two minute stretch when we were trying to close out the game in the last 5 minutes. Kenrich missed a layup. We were a few bounces away in the last 5 minutes from winning by twenty plus points. I am sure this is EXACTLY what Jaime wanted. Played a bunch of guys, we got the win and he has PLENTY to rip their asses about.

Not sure I’d say we played “a bunch of guys”. It was basically the usual cast of characters from last year and Noi. I was actually expecting a WAY bigger contribution from a couple of the other newcomers.

Any team is going to play you tough when they shoot 12/27 from beyond the 3 point line. 44% is pretty salty.

We shot 6/20 from beyond the 3 point line. I watch these games and pull my hair out watching our guys jack up ill advised 3 pointers. I just don't see that as our strength.

Our free throw shooting down the stretch was atrocious, but hopefully it's just because they are not quite in game shape yet. Time will tell...

Froginbedford

Don't know where else to post this....Hopefully Carlos Mendez reads these....I don't ordinarily criticize ST writers...the craft of journalism has changed completely since I got a BA in the field in 1972...and there are of course, other media than print to read about games, etc.,...so I make allowances for that....BUT I didn't see the game on TV last night, stream it, or listen on the radio....Irritating that I had to got through 8 indentions in the game story today before finding out the score....Some aspects of old-school are worth retaining: score in the lede...narrative following....

Latest posts