• The KillerFrogs

Mazey gets extension

Chongo94

I'm gonna hijack your baseball thread Boone, apologies.

What are your thoughts on Grier? Seen him in practice at all? Some Tech people I know seem to think they can sneak by WVU bc y'all lost a lot of players but I keep telling them not to sleep on Grier. They think he won't be able to replicate those initial games at Florida at Morgantown.

boonecountyman

I'm gonna hijack your baseball thread Boone, apologies.

What are your thoughts on Grier? Seen him in practice at all? Some Tech people I know seem to think they can sneak by WVU bc y'all lost a lot of players but I keep telling them not to sleep on Grier. They think he won't be able to replicate those initial games at Florida at Morgantown.
All indications are he's the real deal.Except for the spring game,there hasn't been much footage on him.He was leader on scout team last year so coaches know what they have.The offense is deep at RB and WR.We need to patch the OLine but the bodies are there.
The defense lost a lot of players but the 3-3-5 allows you to play a lot of bodies,so although they won't be starters from last year,most have played or started at some time.DC Gibson thinks he can get them ready for the opener and hopefully they will get better as season progresses
As for the game with TCU I expect it to be close as usual.WVU has exceeded their preseason projections the last 3 years.
http://media.wvmetronews.com/media/0718177252-SportslineforTuesdayJuly182017.mp3

Attached is link to DC Gibson discussing the team.Starts about 10 min.in

Chongo94

All indications are he's the real deal.Except for the spring game,there hasn't been much footage on him.He was leader on scout team last year so coaches know what they have.The offense is deep at RB and WR.We need to patch the OLine but the bodies are there.
The defense lost a lot of players but the 3-3-5 allows you to play a lot of bodies,so although they won't be starters from last year,most have played or started at some time.DC Gibson thinks he can get them ready for the opener and hopefully they will get better as season progresses
As for the game with TCU I expect it to be close as usual.WVU has exceeded their preseason projections the last 3 years.
http://media.wvmetronews.com/media/0718177252-SportslineforTuesdayJuly182017.mp3

Attached is link to DC Gibson discussing the team.Starts about 10 min.in

Nice, thanks for the link, it was an interesting listen. I agree, I think WVU will be stout this year and surprise some people, especially Tech fans. They're gonna have their issues with the OLine as well but the defense is in a far worse
position than WVU's is.