• The KillerFrogs

Mayfield is a class act

Pharm Frog

There is no moral or character requirement for awards in sports today..Honestly that slope is so slippery I'm not sure there should be. As others have pointed out, some pretty terrible humans have already won the award..The trend is sure to continue.

Heisman Trust Mission Statement

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. The winners of the trophy epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust's mission is to ensure the continuation and integrity of this award.

I suppose one could claim that BM has been diligent in offering his apologies and perseveres in being an ass.

FrogLifeYo

Heisman Trust Mission Statement

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. The winners of the trophy epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust's mission is to ensure the continuation and integrity of this award.

I suppose one could claim that BM has been diligent in offering his apologies and perseveres in being an ass.
Do you believe the Heisman foundation is still awarding players in congruence with what you highlighted?

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Late hits, although wrong, happen all the time. What dipship did no one else does because of a late hit. Darn that guy.

This times a million.

Players are subject to dirty hits every game. They're yelled at by fans in the crowd. The TCU student section (although sparse most likely bc of Thanksgiving and out of town students) will be giving it to the Baylor team throughout the game.

I'm sure Sam Bradford, Jason White, and Landry Jones were subject to just as much crap as Bakefield.

The difference is that Bakefield is a knuckle dragging mouth breather that hasn't had an adult hold him accountable for his jack wagon actions.

It's no wonder he continues to make an arse of himself weekly for the cameras.

SwissArmyFrog

It seems Mayfield put out a very ‘heartfelt’ apology. Was very well written. It’s on his twitter account, apparently.

Heisman damage control, most likely.

One of his excuses was that he’s a competitive player. ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE COMPETITIVE!

Please.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This times a million.

Players are subject to dirty hits every game. They're yelled at by fans in the crowd. The TCU student section (although sparse most likely bc of Thanksgiving and out of town students) will be giving it to the Baylor team throughout the game.

I'm sure Sam Bradford, Jason White, and Landry Jones were subject to just as much crap as Bakefield.

The difference is that Bakefield is a knuckle dragging mouth breather that hasn't had an adult hold him accountable for his jack wagon actions.

It's no wonder he continues to make an arse of himself weekly for the cameras.
Yep. I bet he and his dad are high fiving each other right now. Daddy Bakefield is so proud.

French Frog

It seems Mayfield put out a very ‘heartfelt’ apology. Was very well written. It’s on his twitter account, apparently.

Heisman damage control, most likely.

One of his excuses was that he’s a competitive player. ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE COMPETITIVE! Please.
I seem to remember Tim Tebow was overwhelmingly competitive, but I never saw him do anything that brought shame to himself or his team!!!

TX_Krötenechse

Was watching halftime coverage with Mack Brown ... somebody asked him what effect it had on the Heisman, and Mack basically said it wouldn’t make any difference because Heisman voters have overlooked worse in the past.

netty2424

Was watching halftime coverage with Mack Brown ... somebody asked him what effect it had on the Heisman, and Mack basically said it wouldn’t make any difference because Heisman voters have overlooked worse in the past.
Galloway and Plamer said the same thing in another halftime show. Wouldn't change anything. Palmer said it may effect his draft position, but not the Heisman.