• The KillerFrogs

Mayen & Samuel

4th. down

Look what the RS year did for Noi. He's pumped and ready to contribute right now with 10 points/game or better. We are not going to be good, we are good.

FrogLifeYo

I think both would benefit from sitting a year but in today's climate its doubtful that will happen. Samuel could give 3-5 Min a night with his size.

Have you seen a picture of Samuel? That kid is built like a truck and unless something comes up with the NCAA he should be able to provide some quality depth. Mayan looks bigger than I expected him to. Renewed my season tickets and can't wait for the season.

4th. down

Have you seen a picture of Samuel? That kid is built like a truck and unless something comes up with the NCAA he should be able to provide some quality depth. Mayan looks bigger than I expected him to. Renewed my season tickets and can't wait for the season.

We understand where your coming from but think about our 6, plus Noi, Nembhard and Olden. They are all going to take serious minutes which leaves Samuel and Lat with only the last couple of minutes of blow out games. Why spend their RS when we don't really need them this year. Let Dixon and staff coach them up and weight train them like they did Noi and the results may be as good or better. I just think that extra year under Dixon is very beneficial to their development.

Noi averaged 15 pts./game for 5 games in Aussie. Parrish/Shepherd averaged 10 pts./game combined, in the 5 post season games regarding the NIT. Now, the competition was better for the post season vs the Aussie trip, but we did play a semi-pro team 1 game. Noi is a small sample for sure on what Dixon can do for a freshman with a year under his tutelage but I think it's worth the risk.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Enrolled does not mean they've cleared NCAA eligibility to play in 2017-18 (see Noi).

Don't kid yourself; we don't just want them enrolled. We want both to be eligible this year. That is still expected to happen, per CJD (though, they said the same about Noi until several weeks into the season last years).

And let's not extract too much from the Australia trip. The competition was certainly not Big 12-caliber.

TCUdirtbag

Only 12 of our 13 scholarships are taken this year. From a depth perspective, we really would benefit from having 12 scholarship players available and not just 10...