• The KillerFrogs

Lupton Stadium Renovations

FWTFrog

With Oklahoma State opening their new stadium this week, I got to thinking about the current state of Lupton Stadium. Even though there have been renovations through the years, most noticeably the extension of the upper decks and the new player facilities, it is time to take a deep hard look into how the stadium experience can be improved.

I know there have been talks of updating the erector set look of the façade, but there is so much more that needs to be done. First of all increase the seating capacity. Add bathrooms, so we don’t have to bring in port-a-potties for big series, and expand the concourse.

I am curious if anyone has heard rumbling or chatter about what might actually be done to Lupton Stadium? And what does everyone else want in a new stadium?

When talking about a new stadium/massive renovations I wouldn't call 3-5 years a long time off.
The beginning of. 3 bull case. 5+ more likely. It will be a significant capital campaign running concurrent against existing and unfulfilled campaigns (eg. East Side expansion).

Realtorfrog

I think they already have plans drawn up..... I had heard it was happening two years ago. Have not heard any updates about Lupton.

Big Frog II

We know that it was originally built when we were in the CUSA on a small budget. The stands need to be torn out and expanded. More seats, more concessions, and certainly more restrooms are a must.

LeagueCityFrog

TCU Athletics should dump men's and women's swimming(never going to compete for a championship with either program or the facility), add softball, give softball to Lupton(for title 9 reasons), then fund raise like they did for the East side expansion for a new Lupton Stadium parked on the intermural fields and be done with it. TCU should look at what Miss State did then top it for a baseball stadium. The issue with current Lupton is bathrooms and concessions for the larger attendance games.

Paint It Purple

With Oklahoma State opening their new stadium this week, I got to thinking about the current state of Lupton Stadium. Even though there have been renovations through the years, most noticeably the extension of the upper decks and the new player facilities, it is time to take a deep hard look into how the stadium experience can be improved.

I know there have been talks of updating the erector set look of the façade, but there is so much more that needs to be done. First of all increase the seating capacity. Add bathrooms, so we don’t have to bring in port-a-potties for big series, and expand the concourse.

I am curious if anyone has heard rumbling or chatter about what might actually be done to Lupton Stadium? And what does everyone else want in a new stadium?
BTW. From what I’ve seen, the new OSU ballpark is beyond impressive.