• The KillerFrogs

Luken Baker injury info

flyfishingfrog

I'd be interested to hear more details about this.
I think pharms point was that The OU propaganda machine learned a lot from the old Soviet Union - you step out of the party line and you are gone, so only say what is the approved message - we are Boomer Sooner and nobody is better, we are never wrong, ignore facts unless they put OU in a perfect light, etc

Pharm Frog

I think pharms point was that The OU propaganda machine learned a lot from the old Soviet Union - you step out of the party line and you are gone, so only say what is the approved message - we are Boomer Sooner and nobody is better, we are never wrong, ignore facts unless they put OU in a perfect light, etc

Far better metaphor than I could have conjured and spot on.

Purp

Because of HIPPA I'm not sure we'll hear
Seems like HIPPA would preclude coaches from knowing too. Pretty sure the player can waive HIPPA privacy protections and they routinely do. If it's a severe injury I'm sure we'll hear something in terms of body part and type of injury, but I doubt it'll ever be very detailed.

flyfishingfrog

The OU broadcasting team sure acted like they knew a lot more than has been released during the game today

Said something about a hairline fracture in addition to a tear - anyone else notice that or hear more from another source?

They are so full of it I am not sure I trust them

Purp

The OU broadcasting team sure acted like they knew a lot more than has been released during the game today

Said something about a hairline fracture in addition to a tear - anyone else notice that or hear more from another source?

I noticed the same. They said hairline fracture in the elbow and elbow ligament tear. Didn't opine about how long he'd be out, but if those injuries are true he's not playing this season.

Pharm Frog

They are imbeciles BUT they (and their producer) should know better than to release inaccurate medical information on a broadcast. Stranger things have happened but there was no equivocation or hedging. They directly said it...twice. If they are broadcasting speculation without that disclaimer, there should be a hefty "donation" forthcoming.

MTfrog5

They are imbeciles BUT they (and their producer) should know better than to release inaccurate medical information on a broadcast. Stranger things have happened but there was no equivocation or hedging. They directly said it...twice. If they are broadcasting speculation without that disclaimer, there should be a hefty "donation" forthcoming.
Could be a hefty donation regardless if they are right or not