• The KillerFrogs

Luken Baker injury info

Pharm Frog

I had forgotten about this until I read it in the Oklahoman article posted by Top in another thread --

The Sooners (32-18, 10-9) tied it on a wild play in the eighth that knocked star first baseman Luken Baker out of the game.

With runners on second and third with two outs, Brandon Zaragoza tapped one back to the pitcher.

Sean Wymer's throw pulled Baker into Zaragoza's line and the ball bounced away as the two collided, allowing Kyler Murray to run home with the tying run.

The play was reminiscent of one earlier this season that left Oklahoma first baseman O'Brien with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow.

Purp

I had forgotten about this until I read it in the Oklahoman article posted by Top in another thread --

The Sooners (32-18, 10-9) tied it on a wild play in the eighth that knocked star first baseman Luken Baker out of the game.

With runners on second and third with two outs, Brandon Zaragoza tapped one back to the pitcher.

Sean Wymer's throw pulled Baker into Zaragoza's line and the ball bounced away as the two collided, allowing Kyler Murray to run home with the tying run.

The play was reminiscent of one earlier this season that left Oklahoma first baseman O'Brien with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow.
The pbp team discussed that ad nauseam. Hopefully LB caught a break, though.

Pharm Frog

The pbp team discussed that ad nauseam. Hopefully LB caught a break, though.

I was listening to Chuck. I got a real lesson in Sooner baseball radio broadcasts back when Damon Minor was working with Son of Pharm in the cages and doing Sooner broadcasts. Kinda opened my eyes to how things are "controlled" and manipulated in the booth. Have no interest in listening to Sooner radio.

Pharm Frog

UCL tears are fixed by Tommy John surgery. So 12-14 months in most cases for recovery.

I think its significantly shorter than that for non-throwing arm recovery. Maybe in the range of 6-9 months. Much of what we have for data is related to pitchers and players' throwing arms.

pgdaly84

This is just crushing. We are just snake bit when it comes to trying to win a national title. Screwed by the system in football in 2009, 2010, and 2014. Now, we have a contender in baseball and lose our only elite starting pitcher and arguably the best hitter in the country. I wish I could be more optimistic, but this team doesn't pitch well enough or play good enough defense to sustain a loss like this, especially with the 7-9 spots pretty much giving us nothing all year.