• The KillerFrogs

Looks like the Texas Rangers baseball team will need to get a new name. What would you rename to?

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

Kind of funny in a way.... I wrote an article back several years ago demanding that the Rangers change their name because of an imperfect past when the NCAA was demanding mascot changes all over the place. I studied under one of the most prominent historians of Mexican-Texan history and still count him as a good friend. I need to send him this. He'll get a chuckle.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Do you now where the term Red Raider came from?

It wasn't until 1936 that Texas Tech fans and students came to be called "Red Raiders." Collier Parrish, sports editor of the Lubbock Morning Avalanche, gave the team its new nickname because of their all-red uniforms and rigorous coast-to-coast schedule.

CryptoMiner

Do you now where the term Red Raider came from?

It wasn't until 1936 that Texas Tech fans and students came to be called "Red Raiders." Collier Parrish, sports editor of the Lubbock Morning Avalanche, gave the team its new nickname because of their all-red uniforms and rigorous coast-to-coast schedule. 1936 was also the year of the first unofficial "Red Raider," now called the Masked Rider.