• The KillerFrogs

Liberty Bowl Game Day Thread

frognutz

Not much to add, but give Georgia credit for those two forced fumbles, especially the one on Hicks to start the 2nd half.  I had my "I have a really bad feeling about this" moment when we fumbled it away to start the 2nd half.  Momentum never came back our way it seemed.

Mean Purple

TCURiggs said:
I think we watched different games. Our OL was awful today, and our RB's also had some terrible plays in pass protection (Hicks and Sewo each blew a blitz pick-up that I recall... Sewo got pulled after his, and Hicks' was on the sack that lead to the long FG miss). 

Foster would've been a dead man back there.
Timed on the watch. He had plenty of time to get rid of the ball. He does not read the field well.

PurpleBlood87

Pharm Frog said:
Posted it before and got flamed but undeterred still. CDC needs to do some supervisory work on media relations and media performance when it comes to the football program.
They said on the radio that he had about two minutes because he has to get to a bowl required press conference.

TCURiggs

Mean Purple said:
Timed on the watch. He had plenty of time to get rid of the ball. He does not read the field well.

He had some time on occasion, and he would very obviously look downfield and find no one open, then check it down. Most of the other time they were pressuring the hell out of him and he had to run for his life. I just don't get how anyone could defend the OL today. Hell, even former OL aren't (one on here and two on my group text).

asleep003

TCUWIN said:
What does this prove? He couldn't complete a pass down field with any regularity. His best strength was running it but he fumbled right before half and took too many sacks instead of

The reason he was running was because there was a jail break on him, right when he got the ball. He just about made a very good play to his credit and ability, but had not decided yet if he was running or throwing while on the run, for a 1st yet and the ball got swiped ... so please stop the whinyass stuff. Hill wasn't perfect today, but he did't lose this game for us.

We perhaps lose by 3-4 scores without Hill's talent. We also had several opportunities to close this game out in the 1st half... while demoralizing the daugs and let those several opps die. Could have gone into half with a 12-19 point lead, despite OL play today. Most our ground game came with scrambles and creative runs, where there were no holes. 

Cheers !

Big Frog II

Must improve OL play, and of course the obvious, a kicker. Both have been something else this year. We did have a much better turnout than I expected. So good for our fans for showing up.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Some of you need to back off on the personal attacks on other members.  In case you haven't read the rules, this one applies:

4. DO NOT engage in personal attacks on other members. You know that we want and encourage healthy debate, but childish insults, names,etc will bring down the thunder. While we love visitors from other schools, we are not going to cut them any slack in this department.

AroundWorldFrog

Mean Purple said:
lol.

Seriously? You timed it? Ok, we'll play? What was the average time he had to throw? about 1.2 seconds? because except for maybe 4-5 times he was running for his life immediately after the snap.

jake102

TCURiggs said:
If you watched that game today and thought anything other than the OL (with the exception of Kicker) was the worst thing we ran out there, I don't know what to tell you. They were awful, especially after Noteboom went down.

A certain LB had his worst game I can recall as well, but the OL just killed us today. Just a brutal season there.
Summers has been hit or miss all year. Hope he grows up

OL is straight terrible

Mean Purple

Since you asked...he was getting around 3+ seconds quite a bit.. And even in the post game, he said he should have gotten rid of the ball.

And offensive lines today are playing a different game than they were even 10 years ago. The game is way faster. If our line was such a mess, explain how they got running room and Kenny was able to step up. Even when he takes off he needs to know how to dump the ball.

Line was not the major issue today.

ifrog

Mean Purple said:
Since you asked...he was getting around 3+ seconds quite a bit.. And even in the post game, he said he should have gotten rid of the ball.

And offensive lines today are playing a different game than they were even 10 years ago. The game is way faster. If our line was such a mess, explain how they got running room and Kenny was able to step up. Even when he takes off he needs to know how to dump the ball. What happened to this rule?

Line was not the major issue today.
Edit: So it's ok to have a few posters [ hundin] and whine like little girls about the player of the game for TCU? That seems "baseless" according to the rules:

5. DO NOT engage in baseless criticism of TCU athletes and recruits. This has always been our policy and always will be. Its fine to offer legitimate evaluation of their performance but don't make it personal and do not be unfair. These are kids, after all.

JimSwinkLives!

TCURiggs said:

I think we watched different games. Our OL was awful today, and our RB's also had some terrible plays in pass protection (Hicks and Sewo each blew a blitz pick-up that I recall... Sewo got pulled after his, and Hicks' was on the sack that lead to the long FG miss). 

Foster would've been a dead man back there.
Saw the exact same play regarding Sewo. The poor kid was clueless on pass protection. Blitzing LB ran by him like a freight train passing a hobo.

FBallFan123

JimSwinkLives! said:
Saw the exact same play regarding Sewo. The poor kid was clueless on pass protection. Blitzing LB ran by him like a freight train passing a hobo.
The good news is if he doesn't improve his pass protection there's still time for him to become one of those linebackers!

Mean Purple

ifrog said:
Another arm chair QB. Is that considered a personal attack? Or is it ok to have a few posters witch about the player of the game for TCU non-stop?
5. DO NOT engage in baseless criticism of TCU athletes and recruits. This has always been our policy and always will be. Its fine to offer legitimate evaluation of their performance but don't make it personal and do not be unfair. These are kids, after all.
Guess you missed the line about evaluation.

JimSwinkLives!

TCURiggs said:

He had some time on occasion, and he would very obviously look downfield and find no one open, then check it down. Most of the other time they were pressuring the hell out of him and he had to run for his life. I just don't get how anyone could defend the OL today. Hell, even former OL aren't (one on here and two on my group text).
This. For the most part, UGA had really good coverage today. Hill had to either check down or run for his life. That being said, he did miss a wide open Slanina at one point late in the first half. There might have been a couple more, but that's the only one I clearly saw.

ifrog

Mean Purple said:
Guess you missed the line about evaluation.
You missed the word "baseless." He was voted player of the game by the media. So continue on - you are only making yourself look foolish.

Mean Purple

ifrog said:
You missed the word baseless. He was voted player of the game by the media. So continue on - you are only making yourself look foolish and whiny
Nothing baseless about it. An award does not change the fact that he himself admitted. Nor does it have anything to do with oline.

But the whining about folks talking sports...yeah. that's pretty snowflake.