• The KillerFrogs

Last Chance U, 2nd season

Lone Frog

I've only caught a little bit of season 2.

Observations:

1. Head Coach is a POS. He says he's going to stop cussing, only to immediately start cussing again.
2. I'm glad they have subtitles because I can barely understand most of those kids.
3. To further point 2, some of these kids are seriously dumb as rocks.
4. Their growling #1 fan needs therapy
5. Still WB Brittany Wagner.

The head coach is an absolute jackass, but honestly, what was with the obsession over cussing? On a list of his character flaws, his profanity use wouldn't make the top 50.

The guy who may have impressed me the most on the whole show was the new head coach at Coahoma, the school that hadn't won a game in three years. That guy had my respect.

Chongo94

What is not accurate?

He enrolled in the spring and went through spring drills at Tech and is there now.

The football team wanted him back, however, it appears that initially the school (the administration) didn't. At the time of filming he made it sound like he was going to have to get special clearance to be allowed on campus prior to this fall. I'm assuming he got that since he was there this spring.

Chongo94

The head coach is an absolute jackass, but honestly, what was with the obsession over cussing? On a list of his character flaws, his profanity use wouldn't make the top 50.

The guy who may have impressed me the most on the whole show was the new head coach at Coahoma, the school that hadn't won a game in three years. That guy had my respect.

Agreed. I mean I started feeling somewhat bad for him when they delved into some of that family stuff but then he becomes a full on POS as you mentioned in the last episode. I assume the cussing thing was the easiest way for him to show he's changed. His interaction with his OC in the last episode is just unfreakingreal.

Truly! I kept thinking they should profile that school for the next year. All those coaches and players seemed loose and happy and knew the issues confronting them. Far more willing to root for them than EMCC.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Best lines/moment in the ENTIRE show in my opinion were early in the last episode when the two dudes from last season (Ollie and Andrel?) let you know what they think about him haha.

Last edited:

ScottPatrick

The football team wanted him back, however, it appears that initially the school (the administration) didn't. At the time of filming he made it sound like he was going to have to get special clearance to be allowed on campus prior to this fall. I'm assuming he got that since he was there this spring.

Thanks, but not sure why he said it wasn't accurate. As I said I haven't watched the show so do not know what was said but I do know where Allen ended up which is all I was saying. Also he is listed #1 on the depth chart for this fall.

Chongo94

Not really cheerleaders but have you seen the girls at Kilgore JC? The Showgirls got their start by some former Rangerettes.

I always forget about them and the Apache Belles and all those other type of dance teams. They've been established for so long I guess it makes a difference maybe? I don't know, I just kept wondering how or why anyone would really actively want to be a cheerleader at a juco in Scooba, Mississippi is all.

Chongo94

Thanks, but not sure why he said it wasn't accurate. As I said I haven't watched the show so do not know what was said but I do know where Allen ended up which is all I was saying. Also he is listed #1 on the depth chart for this fall.

Gotcha. You should watch it when you can, it's interesting and Dakota is one of the better kids. It's amazing he's going back to Tech given that the coaches were telling SEC coaches he's the real deal and whatnot. And sadly, as good as he is, that Tech defense is still gonna be awful.

Atomic Frawg

What is not accurate?

He enrolled in the spring and went through spring drills at Tech and is there now.
As I stated, there is a segment in the show (1:03:00 - 1:03:46, episode 8) where he stated the University would not allow him to enroll until August and that his re-admittance was under appeal. Because the offense occurred in May/June of 2016, he obviously means August 2017. Hence: "Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though." They apparently let him enroll earlier than he anticipated.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I think I've seen 4 episodes now. But I really don't care to watch anymore. It's not that entertaining. In fact it's a beating.

But after reading some of y'all's comments, I'll watch the last episode.

ScottPatrick

As I stated, there is a segment in the show (1:03:00 - 1:03:46, episode 8) where he stated the University would not allow him to enroll until August and that his re-admittance was under appeal. Because the offense occurred in May/June of 2016, he obviously means August 2017. Hence: "Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though." They apparently let him enroll earlier than he anticipated.

Okay so you were wrong but do not understand your calling me out. What was inaccurate in my statement?

Chongo94

I think I've seen 4 episodes now. But I really don't care to watch anymore. It's not that entertaining. In fact it's a beating.

But after reading some of y'all's comments, I'll watch the last episode.

Can kind of agree. It's compelling viewing but some of the attitudes of the kids just make you wanna shake them. Then, what really makes it a beating is the behavior of the head coach. But yeah, you need to at least watch the last episode.

Atomic Frawg

Okay so you were wrong but do not understand your calling me out. What was inaccurate in my statement?
Stating, "According to him, this is not accurate," and conceding that, "Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though," is a far cry from calling you out. It's merely stating the information that you have been given may be wrong since something different came from the horses mouth. But, whatever. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm moving on.

ScottPatrick

Stating, "According to him, this is not accurate," and conceding that, "Something may have changed since the filming of the show, though," is a far cry from calling you out. It's merely stating the information that you have been given may be wrong since something different came from the horses mouth. But, whatever. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm moving on.

Didn't hurt my feelings, I knew I was correct and you were wrong.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Just watched the last episode. That's some scheissed up repugnant [ Finebaum ].

Makes me wonder if everything would have happened differently if this show was never made.

Chongo94

Just watched the last episode. That's some scheissed up repugnant [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

Makes me wonder if everything would have happened differently if this show was never made.

For the players or the coaches? I am almost 100% positive the head coach would've behaved the same regardless of cameras or no cameras.