• The KillerFrogs

KU game at 7:00

HeidelFrog

Agree with most others on here. TCU is now #4 in the country and will be playing under the lights for homecoming. They will be ready!! Will be fun to watch....

TCUdirtbag

Shutdown all tailgates @ 1830 and everyone be in your seats for kickoff!

IMO, we all should have reasonable expectations and understand this is a game against Kansas. Homecoming just means even more socializing in the parking lots, tbh.

On another note, the Big 12 has a Top 10 team on network TV this weekend from 11 am through 10 pm (#10 OSU at Texas 11 am on ABC; #9 OU at K-State 3 pm on FOX, #4 TCU vs Kansas 7 pm on FOX). I don't want to hear any bitching about the Big 12 media contracts for a while.

f_399

We are in the top 4, can beat a team at home and we may not even drop to #6, that’s something to look forward to right?

Go Frogs!

netty2424

IMO, we all should have reasonable expectations and understand this is a game against Kansas. Homecoming just means even more socializing in the parking lots, tbh.

On another note, the Big 12 has a Top 10 team on network TV this weekend from 11 am through 10 pm (#10 OSU at Texas 11 am on ABC; #9 OU at K-State 3 pm on FOX, #4 TCU vs Kansas 7 pm on FOX). I don't want to hear any bitching about the Big 12 media contracts for a while.
That's part of the problem. Always an excuse. Just needs to be prioritized imo.

Not directing that at you dirt as I agree with what you're saying. Point is if it's not one thing it's another with this fan base.

ftwfrog

It won't be a sell out. Currently more availability via TCU than there was for the WVU game. Unsurprisingly, KU returned even more of their allotment than the 'Eers did. Expect empty corners in the 400 level.
Empty 400 level is expected. However, the east side will be rocking as people won't be absolutely melting over there. It'll be loud and raucous, at least for the first half. Hopefully in the 2nd half it'll be jovial and not nail biting.

finafrog

That's part of the problem. Always an excuse. Just needs to be prioritized imo.

Not directing that at you dirt as I agree with what you're saying. Point is if it's not one thing it's another with this fan base.
socializing, especially at homecoming, is not an excuse, it IS a major reason the university and its entertainment functions (such as football) exist, not the other way around.

Empty 400 level is expected. However, the east side will be rocking as people won't be absolutely melting over there. It'll be loud and raucous, at least for the first half. Hopefully in the 2nd half it'll be jovial and not nail biting.

Well TCU should prepare for some really bad press and PR. We can expect pictures of those sections on twitter and other social outlets with the title "Number 4 in the nation what more do these people need to come?!". Big Steaming Pile will be leading the charge but it will also come from the Baylor/UT media with the Dallas Morning News. Also from Stefan Stevenson no doubt and others. UT and A&M and other flagship university writers as well like Auburn and Tennessee individuals wanting Patterson and hoping pictures of some empty stands will persuade him to consider their schools saying TCU doesn't deserve Gary Patterson.

Be prepared. They will be a little bit right, but also wrong. Understanding that when no visitors come that is a problem to a private school without the numbers to fill what visitors left, relying then on DFW and new tshirt fans. Also this is not competition that brings in curious new fan prospects.

Hope it's still a good showing for the most part and loud.

Bob Sugar

Our tickets are too expensive for locals to fill the remaining seats. If we made unsold tickets cheaper I bet the 400's would be full.
Exactly. Supply and demand are supposed to set the price. TCU keeps the price too high on the single game tickets. I haven't looked recently, but seem to recall the individual seats in the 400s go for way more than the face value of those seats were sold as season tickets. Thus you can get better seats for cheaper on stub hub where the season ticket holder still makes a profit.

Limp Lizard

Well TCU should prepare for some really bad press and PR. We can expect pictures of those sections on twitter and other social outlets with the title "Number 4 in the nation what more do these people need to come?!". Big Steaming Pile will be leading the charge but it will also come from the Baylor/UT media with the Dallas Morning News. Also from Stefan Stevenson no doubt and others. UT and A&M and other flagship university writers as well like Auburn and Tennessee individuals wanting Patterson and hoping pictures of some empty stands will persuade him to consider their schools saying TCU doesn't deserve Gary Patterson.

Be prepared. They will be a little bit right, but also wrong. Understanding that when no visitors come that is a problem to a private school without the numbers to fill what visitors left, relying then on DFW and new tshirt fans. Also this is not competition that brings in curious new fan prospects.

Hope it's still a good showing for the most part and loud.
I don't care.

We do need a good crowd to keep the team in the game instead of being flat. Sell out crowd, every seat filled the entire game and we lose is much, much worse than a sparse stadium against Kansas.

Limp Lizard

Rain is in the forecast, though. Hopefully no lighting delays. That will kill the crowd, especially at a night game. I have a hard time driving in the dark anyway, so a 6+ hour game is out of the question for me.