• The KillerFrogs

KillerFrog's TCU-New Mexico Bus Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
For an estimated cost of $200 per person ($300 if staying one person to a room). This would include;

-RT Coach Bus to the game & back (Leave around 6 pm on Friday the 29th & arrive back in Ft Worth at approximately 2-4 pm on Sunday afternoon the 31st.)
-Game Ticket (we will sit as a group)
-Non-Alcoholic refreshments on bus (BYOB-no ice chest)
-2 nights hotel... probably in Amarillo (2 to a room)
-T-Shirt to be worn on Game Day by all
-raffles & prizes
-No Smoking on Bus
-Satellite TV & DVD player on the bus
-Restroom on bus
-Fun & great memories with your KillerFrog friends, as we go watch the Frogs whip the Lobos

Please only reply if you are 99% sure that you will go. There is a limit of 50 people. Payment will be expected shortly after we announce this event & confirm your reservation.

This will be a fun & relaxing trip with TCU supporters & KF.c friends. If you are expecting a 'Booze Cruise' or a '5 star hotel'.....this just might not be your trip. Complainers.....please feel free to stay home & watch it at home. Wes & I would hate to see one of you on ABC's 20/20 'Buried in the Desert' special. :tongue:

All of this for only $200 dollars pp. That is quite a bargain.....especially considering the cost of fuel. Also remember this will be Labor Day weekend & you will get home in plenty of time to enjoy Labor Day.

We will make a decision in the next few days. Look forward to hearing your response!

Scott

57Frog

I'm in . Where and when do I send my money ?
Much better price than I expected .
One for me .

come on Frogs ....let,s go . The more the merrier .

Scott

QUOTE(57Frog @ Aug 3 2008, 08:04 AM) [snapback]183894[/snapback]
Much better price than I expected .

We are doing this at cost, or below, for our faithful. Until we get enough people to show strong interest in the next couple of days....no need to give your names. Just give me the number going on the post. We must have a full bus.

Atomic Frawg

I'm interested, but please tell me that y'all aren't all refined and poo poo at the games. I get excited and noisy, and some people just don't take that very well. If you are, I may still take the trip, but I may have to get seating somewhere else.

Scott

QUOTE(Atomic Frawg @ Aug 3 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]184168[/snapback]
I'm interested, but please tell me that y'all aren't all refined and poo poo at the games. I get excited and noisy, and some people just don't take that very well. If you are, I may still take the trip, but I may have to get seating somewhere else.

You certainly have the WRONG idea here. This is certainly not a "refined" group going to the game. I expect this group to be loud & rowdy at the game!!!

Part of the trip, is your ticket. If you do not want to sit with the group....that is your call. However, your bus 'initiation' might not be pretty. :biggrin:

Scott

Gotta say I am disappointed with the response thus far. Approximately..... 5 out of 50???? That is not what we expected.

We are trying to do this at a rock bottom price.....for a quality entertainment trip. We are considering doing this on a regular basis. However, unless the response picks up in the next two days......this trip & future trips will be scrapped.

joejordan

Thats a long trip to be together with a bunch of dichotomous people, with probably very different views of the word FUN. You think you could agree on which DVD to watch. Some will want Rudy, while others want Sandler's Longest Yard. I would kill myself before we hit Jacksboro. Hey there's an idea.

Get Your Frogs Up

It really does sound like a great trip at a great price. I would urge anyone who can get away for the weekend to take advantage of it.

Scott

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 4 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]184645[/snapback]
Thats a long trip to be together with a bunch of dichotomous people, with probably very different views of the word FUN. You think you could agree on which DVD to watch. Some will want Rudy, while others want Sandler's Longest Yard. I would kill myself before we hit Jacksboro. Hey there's an idea.

Have you been to one of our events? You might be surprised how much fun we have when we get together. There have been many 'offsite' friends made though this site.

frogmaddness

would love to go but that saturday is the draft for my oldest's football team or otherwise i would be there in a heartbeat. for those of you that dont know, scott has the biggest purple heart and will make the trip a success.

Toad_Warrior

Scott,

I can't make it, but I will donate $200.00 for someone else to go and watch the Lobos get caught in a Purple Frog trap. Let me know when and how to get the $$$$ to you.

Toad

Scott

QUOTE(Toad_Warrior @ Aug 4 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]184774[/snapback]
Scott,

I can't make it, but I will donate $200.00 for someone else to go and watch the Lobos get caught in a Purple Frog trap. Let me know when and how to get the $$$$ to you.

Toad

Toad....you are indeed a gentleman. If this trip makes...... we will make a special offer to a lucky participant..... from you. Thanks!

joejordan

QUOTE(Scott @ Aug 4 2008, 06:10 PM) [snapback]184716[/snapback]
Have you been to one of our events? You might be surprised how much fun we have when we get together. There have been many 'offsite' friends made though this site.

You're right I am pre-judging, having never attended a KF.c event or luncheon. With the right group of 50 - this trip would be a blast. But I can only think of 4-5 folks on here I'd be interested in spending that kind of time with. I wish the trip much success!

FrogPreacher

QUOTE(crunch @ Aug 5 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]184973[/snapback]
You're right I am pre-judging, having never attended a KF.c event or luncheon. With the right group of 50 - this trip would be a blast. But I can only think of 4-5 folks on here I'd be interested in spending that kind of time with. I wish the trip much success!

I think it's really pretty simple then. Bring the 4-5 folks along that you would like to spend time with, get in your little back corner of the bus and have a comfortable, reasonably priced, safe trip to the game with people that you enjoy being with and go support the Frogs! :tongue:

Besides, get out of your comfortable little box and you might find that you have more in common with some other folks than you realize. Fellow Texans, fellow Frogs, who know's what else you might have in common.

Just a thought :biggrin:

Scott

QUOTE(CenTex Frog @ Aug 5 2008, 03:12 PM) [snapback]185106[/snapback]
Scott, count me in for at least 3. However, I will be traveling from Brownwood, is it possible to join en-route?

Not sure...I will need to ask bus operator. I would assume from Ft Worth...... we would be traveling up 287 towards I-40. I guess Wichita Falls might be a possibility.

TubaFrog

Scott, please mark me down, this falls perfectly in with my vacation from work. Do I understand correctly that the $200 includes the room, travel and game ticket?

Also, I can share a room with another traveler, but it will be just myself going.

Status
Not open for further replies.