• The KillerFrogs

KH'S BEST GAME---ANY ARGUMENT?

W

Way of the Frog

Not sure I get your point...5 wide is pretty much our base offense...When I say protect Kenny I'm simply saying perhaps we trimmed the playbook down to the stuff that Limits Kennys needs to make so many reads..He's been phenomenal but maybe catering to his strengths has also cut our playbook down a ton. We can argue all day about weather Kenny throws a good deep ball or not but that's doesn't matter. I'd love to know if we are throwing vertical routs less often and that's a play calling question not a Kenny issue.. Regardless, what we are doing is working and I'm thrilled

So 5-wides in the base offense for a team that through today had run the ball 61 more times than they had thrown it?

DeuceBoogieNights

Yep. We just need to embrace what's happening. We're spoiled rotten as a fan base, which is a good thing since it means we're used to being good, but everyone needs to realize that it's hard to win games/conference in CFB. It's damn near impossible to dominate a P5 conference in this sport, unless your name is Alabama, yet some of our fans act like we should be perfect and roll everyone we play. We're a very good football team that's having a great year, so there's no reason to be negative and not enjoy this at this point.

Couldn't agree more. A+ posting.

There's no doubt that he can improve on handling the blitz/not throwing off his back foot, but those miscues are a very small percentage of the plays he's had this season. He's also made some great plays against the blitz, and completed multiple passes throwing off his back foot (including today), but he's surpassed 2013 Boykin in the ridicule department for the plays he didn't make, and 2013 Boykin wasn't leading an undefeated team. It's a weird phenomenon KH is dealing with in regards to our fans.
I suspect it is because a lot of the critics watch one QB a week and that QB (KH) under a microscope. Anyone who watches much NCAA QB play would know how rare it is for a guy to be flawless or even exceptional every week. Look around at the big names that have had at least one and often more than one abysmal game already this year

TCURiggs

I suspect it is because a lot of the critics watch one QB a week and that QB (KH) under a microscope. Anyone who watches much NCAA QB play would know how rare it is for a guy to be flawless or even exceptional every week. Look around at the big names that have had at least one and often more than one abysmal game already this year

Coudln't agree more. Just spend a day watching other games and you'll see that most teams would kill for the 2017 version of KH.

To go back to the OP's question: Maybe? I kind of think the SMU game is where he distinguished himself the most perhaps, but today was of that level.

I was very frustrated with KH last season but I think he's come a long way in a lot of areas. Playing QB at this level is very difficult and some people expect too much, I think. We've won all our games and he has been a big part of that with good QB play so I give him credit for that and don't have anything to nitpick or complain about.

ReedFrawg

For his career Dalton completed less than 62% of his passes. Not making comparisons but Hill has been incredibly accurate this year even with all of the drops. None of us should take it for granted.

frogs9497

Love this picture...

22406211_1497031633676660_7855502999248917150_n.jpg

Gunner

Throwing poison on Hill is silly. Yea, he throws off his back foot and that is inexplicable at this point in his career. You wonder if Cumbie blasts him in practice about that. He makes a lot of plays too.

If you want to throw poison on someone then hit it up receiver coaches about Turpin turning his hands upside down on an easy catch for a TD. Ball thrown over his right shoulder and he puts his right hand on top of the ball(dumbest blunder ever, for a receiver). Ball hits top hand first, and guess what, gravity takes over.

If you are a receiver learn the mechanics, even if your coaches don't know. It is not a monster mistake, but it can make a difference in a close game.

BTW, we are not alone concerning the above. I see it all the time. The old timer coaches would throw up if they saw that today.

TCU_91

A much better game by Hill.

No panic decisions, still happy feet ut that's not going to change.

I'll take this Hill and be happy as long as he continues to attempt to make smart decisions.

We'll done.