• The KillerFrogs

KH'S BEST GAME---ANY ARGUMENT?

FrogLifeYo

You think starting out in 5-wides twice inside our twenty in some way is driven be a desire to protect Kenny? Huh......
Not sure I get your point...5 wide is pretty much our base offense...When I say protect Kenny I'm simply saying perhaps we trimmed the playbook down to the stuff that Limits Kennys needs to make so many reads..He's been phenomenal but maybe catering to his strengths has also cut our playbook down a ton. We can argue all day about weather Kenny throws a good deep ball or not but that's doesn't matter. I'd love to know if we are throwing vertical routs less often and that's a play calling question not a Kenny issue.. Regardless, what we are doing is working and I'm thrilled

Frogged

Frogged
Kenny was great today but I think the play calling is sort of crazy confusing. Don't get me wrong, we are winning because the calling has had a rhythm that we never had with Meach but I also think this offense looks neutered at times. Is that out of a desire to protect Kenny or is it about protecting our defense..Today we ran for 2.7 yards a carry and was held under 100 as a team that won't get it done unless you can really hurt people vertically.
How the scheiss did you manage to squeeze the word “neutered” into this thread

TK2000

He’s def the 3rd best QB we have had since the Gary Patterson era began. If he takes us to the final 4 or wins a Natty he belongs in the same room as Dalton and Boykin.

TCURiggs

In fact I wish you whiners would die and leave us happy people alone

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

MinFrog

There are things that Kenny does really well - quick throws, runs, shows leadership

There are things that Kenny will never do - consistently stand in the pocket and progress to his 4th or 5th read, throw the ball down field accurately, step into a throw.

But he has this team at 6-0 and through the first difficult part of the schedule. I'd love to see him throw more downfield and step into his throws, but I quit bitching about it today because it just isn't going to happen.

Sit back and enjoy the ride boys.

flyfishingfrog

We will be ranked #4 in the nation tomorrow. Maybe you need to get your eyeballs checked?
He had a good game - he is showing more leadership and willing to put the team in his back if he can

But first of all, our D has more to do with our ranking than our O if you want to be honest

And he needs to figure out how to handle the blitz better by staying in the pocket and taking the hit after he delivers or figuring out how to throw off his front foot on the run

But definitely doing what needs to be done and getting a little bit better each game for sure

Jim Bob Cooter

Welcome to the forum Cooter!

Oh I’ve been around. But thanks for trying to imply that because I have very few posts on a college football fan forum - that my opinions and thoughts have less significance than others who choose to poop out 37 “I wanna be heard” TCU opinions a day....on a fan forum!! (There’s no bigger cliche than college football “experts” and geniuses that bless humanity with their genius by spending time reading and posting on forums.) That must mean they are important

Look Ken - I said good game. I’ll eat humbly pie. He played great. Just give me a fist bump and let’s say go Frogs and I hope he doesn’t have one of his 2 per year awful games where he basically makes it impossible for his team to win (I’m kidding - kind of...)

netty2424

Yeah, he was 27/37, which is actually 72.9%... I rounded up. He's likely going to shatter the TCU single season completion percentage this year, despite us being on pace to have 30+ drops again. He's taking care of the ball, converting a shipload of big 3rd down plays, and bailing us out frequently with his legs. He's having a great season, especially when you consider our schedule so far.
Big time! That should bring him back over 70% for the season. He came into the game at 69%, per the pre-game broadcast.

Take us to the promised land KH!!

TCURiggs

There's no doubt that he can improve on handling the blitz/not throwing off his back foot, but those miscues are a very small percentage of the plays he's had this season. He's also made some great plays against the blitz, and completed multiple passes throwing off his back foot (including today), but he's surpassed 2013 Boykin in the ridicule department for the plays he didn't make, and 2013 Boykin wasn't leading an undefeated team. It's a weird phenomenon KH is dealing with in regards to our fans.

netty2424

There's no doubt that he can improve on handling the blitz/not throwing off his back foot, but those miscues are a very small percentage of the plays he's had this season. He's also made some great plays against the blitz, and completed multiple passes throwing off his back foot (including today), but he's surpassed 2013 Boykin in the ridicule department for the plays he didn't make, and 2013 Boykin wasn't leading an undefeated team. It's a weird phenomenon KH is dealing with in regards to our fans.
This. There's a big enough sample size to know what we have. And despite all of the criticism, we are 6-0.

It's time this fan base gets behind him because we have a real opportunity to do some big things this year. Tough road ahead, but this ball club holds all the cards.

Not sure. Perhaps we just want to see bad Kenny for some reason. I would’ve totally lost a beer bet on his stats today. Had no idea he completed 73%. We are 6-0. He’s taking care of the ball. Defense is playing great. Starting to look like lightning in a bottle again. Eyes up keep climbing.

TCURiggs

Not sure. Perhaps we just want to see bad Kenny for some reason. I would’ve totally lost a beer bet on his stats today. Had no idea he completed 73%. We are 6-0. He’s taking care of the ball. Defense is playing great. Starting to look like lightning in a bottle again. Eyes up keep climbing.

Yep. We just need to embrace what's happening. We're spoiled rotten as a fan base, which is a good thing since it means we're used to being good, but everyone needs to realize that it's hard to win games/conference in CFB. It's damn near impossible to dominate a P5 conference in this sport, unless your name is Alabama, yet some of our fans act like we should be perfect and roll everyone we play. We're a very good football team that's having a great year, so there's no reason to be negative and not enjoy this at this point.

Jim Bob Cooter

This. There's a big enough sample size to know what we have. And despite all of the criticism, we are 6-0.

It's time this fan base gets behind him because we have a real opportunity to do some big things this year. Tough road ahead, but this ball club holds all the cards.

I agree with this.

Kenny is our man this year. He has gotten better, he is making reads, and he seems posed.

He had crossed the Rubicon at this point. We all have. I’m on board!