• The KillerFrogs

KFDX: Lonta Hobbs charged as part of heroin, meth trafficking ring

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Several law enforcement agencies announced a major criminal case involving more than 30 suspects

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) - Federal authorities say two separate drug trafficking networks, operating in Texoma, and which reached across the state are no more.

The investigations led to charges against 37 suspects and the seizure of narcotics, cash and firearms.

The Wichita County Sheriff David Duke says the arrests were swift, efficient and to those arrested — a shock.

Read more at https://www.texomashomepage.com/new...ase-involvingmore-than-30-suspects/1298606273

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Good grief...wasn't he already in jail for something else? Why was he out?
What I don’t get is why the “Kingpin” was on the streets at all.

Article states:

“In 2003, Boone received eight years in prison for manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance. He got four more years for the same charge in 2007.

Boone was sentenced to eight years of probation for manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance in 2011. Then, two years later was arrested again on that same charge.

Boone is on parole until 2027.”

Guy was manufacturing and selling meth and heroin but would get parole? People all over the country get lengthy jail time for having a little weed on them. Something doesn’t add up.

netty2424

Article states:

“In 2003, Boone received eight years in prison for manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance. He got four more years for the same charge in 2007.

Boone was sentenced to eight years of probation for manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance in 2011. Then, two years later was arrested again on that same charge.

Guy was manufacturing and selling meth and heroin but would get parole? People all over the country get lengthy jail time for having a little weed on them. Something doesn’t add up.
Our fine judicial system at work.

Article states:

It means he is the rat, snitch, undercover operative!

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
People all over the country get lengthy jail time for having a little weed on them.
I normally agree with your posts, but disagree with this statement. Cocaine, heroin are categorized as controlled substances and possession is a felony. Possession of small amounts of weed is a misdemeanor. Doubt people are getting lengthy jail time for Class B and Class C misdemeanors.

Chongo94

Crazy stuff! He was from Clarksville, right?

Edit: never mind, article confirmed my question.

Last edited:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I normally agree with your posts, but disagree with this statement. Cocaine, heroin are categorized as controlled substances and possession is a felony. Possession of small amounts of weed is a misdemeanor. Doubt people are getting lengthy jail time for Class B and Class C misdemeanors.
I would argue that one day is a lengthy sentence for possession of a plant that shouldn't have ever been illegal in the first place.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I would argue that one day is a lengthy sentence for possession of a plant that shouldn't have ever been illegal in the first place.
I dont smoke, but I'm fine with legalization of Mary Jane. I think the main reason it stayed illegal for so long is because DWI enforcement is difficult since THC stays in your systems so long cops have to prove it is psychoactive at the time of the offense. Difficult to prove. Plus, most street level weed is laced. We would see indicators of poly drug use. People would claim they only smoke weed. Test results verified our suspicion.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The laws have been relaxed for sure but it hasn’t always been that way. And, although I agree with your statement, please keep in mind that weed is a Schedule I narcotic which is defined as “no medical use and highly addictive.” Both are spurious claims at best. Heroin and LSD are on that same Schedule. Oddly, cocaine is Schedule II, along with prescription opiates like oxy and fentanyl. I can walk around with prescribed fentanyl which is highly addictive and ridiculously dangerous but not fear arrest. Marijuana not so much. So a drug that is being relaxed remains Schedule I with scientifically incorrect definitions added to it. Why?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I dont smoke, but I'm fine with legalization of Mary Jane. I think the main reason it stayed illegal for so long is because DWI enforcement is difficult since THC stays in your systems so long cops have to prove it is psychoactive at the time of the offense. Difficult to prove. Plus, most street level weed is laced. We would see indicators of poly drug use. People would claim they only smoke weed. Test results verified our suspicion.
I feel that, and MJ can cause bad driving I agree. But I've also observed this... When someone is pulled over - at least in Tarrant - and charged with possession of marijuana after an investigation, there is never an associated DWI charge. In fact, I have read police reports where a blunt was burning in the car. The driver admitted to sharing with passenger. He ends up arrested for POM only. Most LE in Tarrant from my experience do not seem to believe that MJ is a major DWI concern.

Also, do not believe the old tales that most MJ is laced. It's not true these days. It's either coming out of legit regulated supply chains in legal states, or its being grown locally with no funny business.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The laws have been relaxed for sure but it hasn’t always been that way. And, although I agree with your statement, please keep in mind that weed is a Schedule I narcotic which is defined as “no medical use and highly addictive.” Both are spurious claims at best. Heroin and LSD are on that same Schedule. Oddly, cocaine is Schedule II, along with prescription opiates like oxy and fentanyl. I can walk around with prescribed fentanyl which is highly addictive and ridiculously dangerous but not fear arrest. Marijuana not so much. So a drug that is being relaxed remains Schedule I with scientifically incorrect definitions added to it. Why?
Remember that the govt agency in charge of approving drugs has recently approved a MJ-based seizure medication and therefore the actual Federal government policy of Schedule 1 is now admittedly hypocritical.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I feel that, and MJ can cause bad driving I agree. But I've also observed this... When someone is pulled over - at least in Tarrant - and charged with possession of marijuana after an investigation, there is never an associated DWI charge. In fact, I have read police reports where a blunt was burning in the car. The driver admitted to sharing with passenger. He ends up arrested for POM only. Most LE in Tarrant from my experience do not seem to believe that MJ is a major DWI concern.

Also, do not believe the old tales that most MJ is laced. It's not true these days. It's either coming out of legit regulated supply chains in legal states, or its being grown locally with no funny business.
DWI Tests:
Alcohol- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests consists of 3 roadside tests.
Drugs- 12 tests. Many are done at the jail by a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). There are not many of these throughout the State. I was one. I can guarantee you that many weed smokers had other substances in there system. It all depends on where they get their weed.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
DWI Tests:
Alcohol- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests consists of 3 roadside tests.
Drugs- 12 tests. Many are done at the jail by a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). There are not many of these throughout the State. I was one. I can guarantee you that many weed smokers had other substances in there system. It all depends on where they get their weed.
Drunk driver gets angry and drives 100 mph weaving in and out of traffic. Dude smoking a joint is giggling because he is doing 50 and it feels fast - but in reality he is going 11.

Mean Purple

I thought he had cleaned his life up, see link below of an article from 2012 while he was in prison.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/02/29...ayer-talks-from-prison-about-drugs-at-school/

From the article:
“That was just a mistake I made,” he said in an interview at the prison this week. “It wasn’t something I was doing, something I’d done. I regret it to this day. It changed my life.”

I guess it didn't really change his life.
School and GP don't mess around when it comes to cleaning out trouble.

From that article - Hobbs said drug use was never something athletic staff tolerated or appeared to know about until players were caught. He said when it was discovered, the school dealt with it swiftly. “There was consequences on everything that you done there. It doesn’t matter who you were, how good you were, how bad we needed you, he always had someone to replace you.” The coaching staff often offered to help students with rehabilitation Hobbs said, staying in touch with them even if they left school.