• The KillerFrogs

KF.C needs your SNAIL MAIL Address

froginmn

Still wondering why my name says “ticket exchange pass”. Sounds like I’m a cheapass (which i am, but what a different title)
I hadn't heard of it but apparently that's a one month membership to allow access to the TE forum.

Hopefully you don't have an auto renewing $5 one month membership!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Still wondering why my name says “ticket exchange pass”. Sounds like I’m a cheapass (which i am, but what a different title)
When the change in form software occurred the way the new system handles the memberships was vastly different from the old forum, and as such I've been cleaning up member account titles ever since. Sorry I missed your's but I'll fix it ASAP.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
So for us that are relatively new to the board, can you catch us up on the maniac cookie joke? I see it many times, and have no clue....
Back in his younger, impressionable time, the Maniac went to a sensitivity class that was held in a women's dorm. He was most impressed with the refreshments, including some cookies that were penis-shaped. He reported back to the board in a little too much detail, and has been paying for it every since.

YA

Back in his younger, impressionable time, the Maniac went to a sensitivity class that was held in a women's dorm. He was most impressed with the refreshments, including some cookies that were penis-shaped. He reported back to the board in a little too much detail, and has been paying for it every since.
He was upset that the cookies were made and it is a Christian school. The old naive notion that TCU didn’t live up to the school name and his morals nonsense.

Paradoxotaur

Another dumb term, probably created by millennials who think the only things worth doing are worth doing electronically.

"The term "snail mail" appears as early as 1942 in the headline of a news article about slow mail delivery.[3] The term also appears as a sub-headline in a 1951 news article.[4]

The term snail post has much earlier usage, as in an article published 1843, in Fraser's Magazine for Town and Country (page 656).[5] This was a humorous British reference to the German 'Schnell (fast) Post', which was notoriously slow.

The term snail mail was used by the U.S. Post Office in magazine advertising in the mid to late 1960s to encourage use of zip codes. Ads for zip code use appeared in many issues of LOOK, Life, and the Saturday Evening Post magazines and displayed a caricature of a large snail outfitted as a letter carrier, with the term "Snail Mail" in bold lettering. [6]

The term appears in a Russell Baker humor column about the slow speed of the U.S. Postal Service in 1969"

Nailed it!

froginmn

"The term "snail mail" appears as early as 1942 in the headline of a news article about slow mail delivery.[3] The term also appears as a sub-headline in a 1951 news article.[4]

The term snail post has much earlier usage, as in an article published 1843, in Fraser's Magazine for Town and Country (page 656).[5] This was a humorous British reference to the German 'Schnell (fast) Post', which was notoriously slow.

The term snail mail was used by the U.S. Post Office in magazine advertising in the mid to late 1960s to encourage use of zip codes. Ads for zip code use appeared in many issues of LOOK, Life, and the Saturday Evening Post magazines and displayed a caricature of a large snail outfitted as a letter carrier, with the term "Snail Mail" in bold lettering. [6]

The term appears in a Russell Baker humor column about the slow speed of the U.S. Postal Service in 1969"

Nailed it!
I didn't know Deep posted under alternate screen names.

:)

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)

Nailed it!
Geeze, lighten up. I was being sarcastic and facetious. :rolleyes: