• The KillerFrogs

Kenny Hill

netty2424

Its all good. I knew it was a joke and I was being sarcastic back. I think that Kenny is polarizing because people are comparing him to Boykin which is unrealistic. I know I badger some on here for getting on him but its really mostly all in good fun. I really hope that he has a good game this week and its not to prove the naysayers wrong. He needs it for his confidence. The sky is the limit with this team if he can manage the games. He needs to run more, throw it our of bounds if the pocket collapses and make the throws down field without throwing into triple coverage.
Agreed on some improvements he can make like running and knowing when to fold em and throw it out of bounds. He's got a little Brett Farve in him in that he just wants to make a play. I'll take that over a super conservative QB that never makes a play. There's a delicate balance.

Agreed on some improvements he can make like running and knowing when to fold em and throw it out of bounds. He's got a little Brett Farve in him in that he just wants to make a play. I'll take that over a super conservative QB that never makes a play. There's a delicate balance.

My reason for Hill is last season the turn over bug and at the worst times. I see a lot of bad decisions and almost picks which against a great defense will happen. Hill is what he is as a senior he may improve a little, but I think Robinson is ready and has a much higher ceiling and a better arm to fit passes into a tight window. He would not be as good as Hill his first two to three games, but after that I think he can be way better than Hill. Just my opinion is all I really like Robinson and would like to see him rotated in a series or two for wild frog who can pass well. SR can run better than Hill right now for sure.

maximilian

My reason for Hill is last season the turn over bug and at the worst times. I see a lot of bad decisions and almost picks which against a great defense will happen. Hill is what he is as a senior he may improve a little, but I think Robinson is ready and has a much higher ceiling and a better arm to fit passes into a tight window. He would not be as good as Hill his first two to three games, but after that I think he can be way better than Hill. Just my opinion is all I really like Robinson and would like to see him rotated in a series or two for wild frog who can pass well. SR can run better than Hill right now for sure.

This is all based on speculation and your conjecture, beyond a quarter and a half against Jackson Friggin' State's back ups. His much higher ceiling is true, but it won't be realized over the next 8-9 games. Meanwhile, we're 3-0 and about to play one of the best teams in the country. Playing SR out of anything except necessity or during a blowout is nonsense. The coaches see both players practicing all week. What does it tell you that they've been Kenny since day one?

Kenny could throw 5 picks this weekend and it still would be the right decision to start him.

cdsfrog

It's insane. For the record start SR this week makes its a guaranteed loss and our floor is lower not higher. Like 5 games floor.

Dalton was horrible as a freshman, Boykin was pretty damn awful minus the Baylor game in 2012 and 2013. They don't magically get better fast. It takes years not weeks.

Yeah it helps us for next year, but you instantly just [ Finebaum ] away this year.

Wexahu

What is this based on? How do you know SR can run better than Hill? I watched SR play in high school, if there is one thing I'm fairly certain he doesn't do as well as Hill it's run. SR probably has a stronger arm and he's a bigger body, other than that I don't know of any strengths he has over Hill right now. SR wasn't a particularly accurate passer in high school and he often struggled on passes that require some touch. Maybe that's all corrected by now but I don't know how anyone would definitively know. If he was better than Hill and gave us the best chance to win, he would be playing, I'm certain of that.

Wexahu

Just thought the gif might make the joke work for those not quite as familiar with the movie. No intentions to be disrespectful. All in fun!

I can appreciate your support for KH. I'm
not sure why he's so polar, and I actually find myself questioning every move he makes and I'm not even sure why. But the reality is, he's been exceptional this year so that should be recognized. Hopefully he goes into Stillwater and puts together a performance that kick starts his TCU legend story. TCU has had some great QB's come through here, but we need to start consistently running QB's through this system that year after year are dominant. TB, KH, SR, JR, etc. looks like we're on the right path. KH still has some time to solidify his place in Frog lore. And the two young guys, SR and JR, seemingly have a lot of talent to keep that going for us.

If there was ever a time to get behind KH, it's now. Huge game this week in Stillwater!!

He's the starting QB that isn't quite as good as Boykin, that's why he's so polar. It also has something to do with his backup(s). There was a guy behind him last year who some people thought might be Carson Palmer because he was 6'5", looked the part, and was recruited by Alabama. There's a guy behind him this year who some people think is a surefire Heisman finalist because was a the 6A POY and he threw a really sweet pass in the state championship game.

PO Frog

That what a lot of people apparently don't get. Everybody was all state in high school...it means nothing once you move up a level. I'm excited about SR but tap the brakes a little he threw a great
TD pass the other day. Also threw on the run into the stands, unintentionally. Neither are predictors of what he will do over the next few years.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
What is this based on? How do you know SR can run better than Hill? I watched SR play in high school, if there is one thing I'm fairly certain he doesn't do as well as Hill it's run. SR probably has a stronger arm and he's a bigger body, other than that I don't know of any strengths he has over Hill right now. SR wasn't a particularly accurate passer in high school and he often struggled on passes that require some touch. Maybe that's all corrected by now but I don't know how anyone would definitively know. If he was better than Hill and gave us the best chance to win, he would be playing, I'm certain of that.

I agree with you that SR should not be the starter this year. I think Kenny has played really well. That said I think SR is a better runner than Kenny was in high school and I think he will be a better runner than Kenny has been at TCU. This isn't to take away from anything that Kenny has done this season though. He has played awesome and the job is rightfully his. I just think you are underestimating SR's running capabilities.

ifrog

Some of those picks were caused by WR"s running the wrong routes, the O line not blocking, and Meachums play calling. You can't definitively say that SR would have not had the same issues. We all know what happened when Hills backups played.

Last edited:

frog-hat

To think that Kenny can't continue to improve ignores the fact that (assuming he starts the rest of the year) he has played only a little more than 1/2 of the games he will play in college.

General reply to several posters. My point was not to bench Hill but to rotate SR in a few series to see what he can do under pressure. The main point is if Hill runs a lot he will get hurt and SR will have to play and not in mop up duty. He needs real game experience wild frog series easy passes build his confidence get him ready for insurance. Why is that so hard to understand? SR shouldn't start, but he should come in some games when they still matter. It also helps Hill to see what the defense is doing while on the sideline with our offensive coordinator. I do think Hill can and will be better than Hill long term clearly he isn't now or he would be starting.

What do all you board geniuses think will happen if we are down 14 points and Hill rolls his ankle? SR ready for that on the road?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
General reply to several posters. My point was not to bench Hill but to rotate SR in a few series to see what he can do under pressure. The main point is if Hill runs a lot he will get hurt and SR will have to play and not in mop up duty. He needs real game experience wild frog series easy passes build his confidence get him ready for insurance. Why is that so hard to understand? SR shouldn't start, but he should come in some games when they still matter. It also helps Hill to see what the defense is doing while on the sideline with our offensive coordinator. I do think Hill can and will be better than Hill long term clearly he isn't now or he would be starting.

What do all you board geniuses think will happen if we are down 14 points and Hill rolls his ankle? SR ready for that on the road?
I think I don't want to waste possessions in a tightly contested conference game on teaching moments.

Wexahu

What do you think would happen if SR comes in and throws a pick 6 in a close game and we end up losing by 3? But to answer your question, if we're down 14 we probably weren't going to win that game anyway. I don't think SR will be "ready" for any game this year, as in ready to be as good as Hill, no matter what happens.

What do you think would happen if SR comes in and throws a pick 6 in a close game and we end up losing by 3? But to answer your question, if we're down 14 we probably weren't going to win that game anyway. I don't think SR will be "ready" for any game this year, as in ready to be as good as Hill, no matter what happens.

Well if he doesn't play any in a game he won't be ready for sure. Find a way to use him we have blown his red shirt. We need him to be ready to go in crunch time.

W

Way of the Frog

Well if he doesn't play any in a game he won't be ready for sure. Find a way to use him we have blown his red shirt. We need him to be ready to go in crunch time.

We are three games into the season and you already know that we have blown SR's potential red shirt year?

Sooooooo.....would also happen to know the Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow and I want to talk to you about a few stocks I have been tracking lately.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
We are three games into the season and you already know that we have blown SR's potential red shirt year?

Sooooooo.....would also happen to know the Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow and I want to talk to you about a few stocks I have been tracking lately.
His redshirt is blown. When he played at Jackson State his redshirt was gone for the year. The only way he would get it back is if he got hurt playing in this weeks game and would miss the season and they granted him a medical redshirt.