• The KillerFrogs

Kenny Hill

f_399

Cumbie said being the backup qb is one of the toughest jobs on the team.

You practice like you are going to start(for that just in case moment) but most of the time you dont get playing time.

I think it will payoff. He will shine if and when he is called upon.

W

Way of the Frog

His redshirt is blown. When he played at Jackson State his redshirt was gone for the year. The only way he would get it back is if he got hurt playing in this weeks game and would miss the season and they granted him a medical redshirt.

Captain Obvious ladies and gentlemen.

I know he can't be red-shirted this year. The point being that trying to saw the year was wasted three games into the season is a bit premature.

Captain Obvious ladies and gentlemen.

I know he can't be red-shirted this year. The point being that trying to saw the year was wasted three games into the season is a bit premature.

I am not saying we have wasted him just that we shouldn't we should rotate him in some games when the games still matter. Keep the play book simple for him to experience success and rest Hill some.

If this were a tried and true strategy, then every coach in the country would do it...even in the NFL.

Yet none do. I guess it's possible you may know more than them...

A bunch of schools rotate two QB's in Texas did Swoopes and the other kid, OU did belldozier, One year we had a backup play a whole game against a 1aa team. Notre Dame had two QB's play. It doesn't happen all the time, but rotating in a package for a different QB can confuse a defense and give them something else to game plan for. We snap the ball to Shewo at QB.

W

Way of the Frog

Ask anyone who follows Texas their thoughts on rotating their quarterbacks the past few seasons. Remember that for all the time an opposing defense has to spend preparing against multiple quarterbacks the offense is splitting their practice time as well and If you recall with Bell at OU, teams caught on made adjustments.

Packages sound great in concept, but with the video scouting etc...if you only run a limited offense with a certain quarterback defenses adjust to it. Texas is having that very problem right not with Heard.

As far as ND, playing two quarterbacks cost them the game in Austin last year. Had the momentum as they were moving, switch quarterbacks, Texas gets their feet, and what could have been a boat race became a struggle and a loss.

Old axiom, if you have two quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks.

maximilian

A bunch of schools rotate two QB's in Texas did Swoopes and the other kid, OU did belldozier, One year we had a backup play a whole game against a 1aa team. Notre Dame had two QB's play. It doesn't happen all the time, but rotating in a package for a different QB can confuse a defense and give them something else to game plan for. We snap the ball to Shewo at QB.

You... you really don't understand football, do you?

If we're mimicking UT in anything QB related, then I would fire the offensive staff immediately.

maximilian

A bunch of schools rotate two QB's in Texas did Swoopes and the other kid

Texas-Football-Fan-Saying-Oh-My-God.gif

P

purplePPO

General reply to several posters. My point was not to bench Hill but to rotate SR in a few series to see what he can do under pressure. The main point is if Hill runs a lot he will get hurt and SR will have to play and not in mop up duty. He needs real game experience wild frog series easy passes build his confidence get him ready for insurance. Why is that so hard to understand? SR shouldn't start, but he should come in some games when they still matter. It also helps Hill to see what the defense is doing while on the sideline with our offensive coordinator. I do think Hill can and will be better than Hill long term clearly he isn't now or he would be starting.

What do all you board geniuses think will happen if we are down 14 points and Hill rolls his ankle? SR ready for that on the road?

I understand where your coming from and I agree with you. Getting a little playing time as a true freshman back up is invaluable even in mop up duty. Getting some on this board to grasp that is almost impossible.

P

purplePPO

IF this K.H. had been playing all last year and this year there would not be such a discussion about him now. Make all the excuses you want about why has not performed consistently, the fact is he has not!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Way of the Frog

I understand where your coming from and I agree with you. Getting a little playing time as a true freshman back up is invaluable even in mop up duty. Getting some on this board to grasp that is almost impossible.

Correct me if if I am wrong, but Robinson did get playing time in mop up duty during most of the second half against Jackson State.

There was no "mop up" time during the Arkansas game. As far as the SMU game, there might have been some time n the fourth quarter. Would have been interesting to see if he would have gotten some snaps if SMU doesn't hit the long pass play.

Don't recall any one saying Robinson shouldn't get snaps in mop up duty and I do think you will find some that agree he could have had time in the 4th quarter, but Jefffrog was endorsing playing time for Robinson while the game was still contested and that is what I disagree with as well as others.

W

Way of the Frog

IF this K.H. had been playing all last year and this year there would not be such a discussion about him now. Make all the excuses you want about why has not performed constantly you want, the fact is he has not!

This year?