• The KillerFrogs

Kenny deserves to be remembered for what he was.....

purpleshades

Couldn’t have said it better myself. My feelings exactly when it comes to Kenny.

Only thing I’d change after re-watching the game is I would’ve given Boesen the defensive mvp. Trevon played great but Boesen was his typical dominate self providing tons of qb pressures and many of tackles. Really enjoyed watching him this year and he especially showed out in the bowl game. Just rewatch the game and you’ll be amazed how all over the field he is. For a smallish DE and he is extremely physical (never gets blown off the line) and he is very quick at the point of attack.

I know he doesn’t have the measurables per say but I just don’t see how he isn’t on several people’s draft boards. I see him being a solid contributor on an nfl roster and being a steal in the mid to late rounds.
Bump

DeuceBoogieNights

I think more than anything the fan base has gotten spoiled and expects everything to be perfect. Look at the commentary about the San Antonio Bowl.

Spoiled or do some of us have higher expectations? Dalton, Pachall, Boykin has been pretty good. I'm done with this argument even though I know it will live on forever on this forum. I have nothing more to say about Kenny Hill. He is what he was. Anyways, I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do next.

TCURiggs

Spoiled or do some of us have higher expectations? Dalton, Pachall, Boykin has been pretty good. I'm done with this argument even though I know it will live on forever on this forum. I have nothing more to say about Kenny Hill. He is what he was. Anyways, I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do next.

That's the thing, Kenny just put up a better season than Pachall ever had (2011 was pretty close, but Kenny had more total yards, more total TDs, better completion percentage, same number of wins (Mountain West v Big XII), etc...). Same goes for Andy outside of the Rose Bowl year (Andy had one more win his Junior year, though), and Kenny did that against a tougher schedule.

So, he didn't have a better season than our NFL Pro Bowl QB in his Senior year, and also not better than the best QB TCU has ever seen (Boykin), unless you want to count Davey or Baugh.

Now, do you think you were a bit spoiled by Tre and your following expectations were unreasonable, or were you just spot-on in your assessment of Kenny all year? Based on all of your old posts and your tweets from the first half on Thursday I don't expect you to admit that you may have been a little irrational with your Kenny takes, but it's some food for thought.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That's the thing, Kenny just put up a better season than Pachall ever had (2011 was pretty close, but Kenny had more total yards, more total TDs, better completion percentage, same number of wins (Mountain West v Big XII), etc...). Same goes for Andy outside of the Rose Bowl year (Andy had one more win his Junior year, though), and Kenny did that against a tougher schedule.

So, he didn't have a better season than our NFL Pro Bowl QB in his Senior year, and also not better than the best QB TCU has ever seen (Boykin), unless you want to count Davey or Baugh.

Now, do you think you were a bit spoiled by Tre and your following expectations were unreasonable, or were you just spot-on in your assessment of Kenny all year? Based on all of your old posts and your tweets from the first half on Thursday I don't expect you to admit that you may have been a little irrational with your Kenny takes, but it's some food for thought.
Now you've gone and used logic and reason. We don't take kindly to foreign concepts round here. You best be getting back to hyperbole and knee jerking.

BleedNPurple

I didn’t see the stats - I only saw
At 70% and 500 yards? Must have only watched a couple of plays. Or maybe you saw Mond when he came in.

I stand corrected - I Only watched the last few minutes of the game. I didn’t have time to look up stats was headed to a party. He does have arm but he way over threw all of his bullets there in the end.

netty2424

Agree. Our program is trending up in player talent, coaches, facilities, etc. With that comes higher expectations. Spoiled is a thing of the past imo.

If anything, we need to get behind both QB's and not put one against the other. They both have their place on this team and we will need them both.

The reality is, JR had a very nasty and serious knee injury. He didn't just tear an ACL. To think he will be 100% and competing for the starting job next spring seems highly unlikely to me. See Jaylon Smith with the Cowboys. Took him two years to get back to where he could even play and he was on play restriction this year to help him rebuild his knee and nerves.

Ron Swanson

Agree. Our program is trending up in player talent, coaches, facilities, etc. With that comes higher expectations. Spoiled is a thing of the past imo.

If anything, we need to get behind both QB's and not put one against the other. They both have their place on this team and we will need them both.

The reality is, JR had a very nasty and serious knee injury. He didn't just tear an ACL. To think he will be 100% and competing for the starting job next spring seems highly unlikely to me. See Jaylon Smith with the Cowboys. Took him two years to get back to where he could even play and he was on play restriction this year to help him rebuild his knee and nerves.
Exactly (in regards to Justin Rogers’ knee injury)

I’ve talked with a doctor and a PT about this injury and it is way worse than a normal ACL tear. It’s very hard to come back from and quite often they don’t get back to 100%.

I do think that JR will come back and be very good, but I think it’s wishful thinking to hope he’s back and in contention for the job in 2018.

Joe1000

Hahaha. Even mentioning Kenny Hill in the same breath as Dalton or Boykin is a freaking joke. I’ll bet a anyone a bitcoin Kenny doesn’t even make an NFL practice squad.

This thread isn’t going to end well. People have their positions. Kenny will never play another snap here. Even the people who think he was servicable at best and could single handily lose a game for you, have wished him well and most are saying let’s move on. Best thing his “supporters” can do, is probably let this thread die.

ShreveFrog

I don’t think you can compare passing numbers from the Dalton-Pachall years to Boykin and Hill to say who’s best. Different offensive schemes.

Dalton the best pro style. Boykin the best dual threat. What could've been with Pachall.

Excited for the SR-JR years the next 5!!!

I’m less concerned about QB next year as I am about plugging other holes at OL, WR, LB, DE and CB.

TCURiggs

Hahaha. Even mentioning Kenny Hill in the same breath as Dalton or Boykin is a freaking joke. I’ll bet a anyone a bitcoin Kenny doesn’t even make an NFL practice squad.

This thread isn’t going to end well. People have their positions. Kenny will never play another snap here. Even the people who think he was servicable at best and could single handily lose a game for you, have wished him well and most are saying let’s move on. Best thing his “supporters” can do, is probably let this thread die.

Nobody ever said anything about the NFL. I'm just providing the facts of their TCU careers for a little perspective. Kenny was no Boykin or Dalton, but his best season will sit pretty high in the TCU record books in terms of statistics, number of wins, or any other way you want to slice it. Those who are still acting like they're offended by that in this thread are the one's that look bad at this point, not his "supporters."

netty2424

Pretty sure he was comparing college stats/numbers, not pro numbers obvi.

EDIT Didn't see Riggs response before posting.

Bruce Berry

What are your expectations? 11 win season? Bowl win against top 20 team? Top 10 finish? MVP of bowl game? Things like that?