• The KillerFrogs

Kenny deserves to be remembered for what he was.....

ifrog

I read somewhere that some have animosity because he transferred from Aggy and that makes some sense but we get transfers every year. I don’t recall the same animosity with Joekel when he transferred. Hill has his warts but he went out with a win and really had a great season. Nobody is perfect.I wish him nothing but the best in life. He was able to turn around his life while at TCU and to me that is something that will benefit him later on in life. On to the Robinson/Rogers era. And for what it’s worth I’ll be supporting them both in the good times and the bad as I do with all TCU student athletes.

Spike

I read somewhere that some have animosity because he transferred from Aggy and that makes some sense but we get transfers every year. I don’t recall the same animosity with Joekel when he transferred. Hill has his warts but he went out with a win and really had a great season. Nobody is perfect.I wish him nothing but the best in life. He was able to turn around his life while at TCU and to me that is something that will benefit him later on in life. On to the Robinson/Rogers era. And for what it’s worth I’ll be supporting them both in the good times and the bad as I do with all TCU student athletes.

I think more than anything the fan base has gotten spoiled and expects everything to be perfect. Look at the commentary about the San Antonio Bowl.

Limey Frog

Posted this in another abeyant thread:

We are lucky to have several former TCU athletes posting on this board. I don’t remember any of them, at least the ones I know personally, calling our student athletes idiots or making personal attacks. They might critique the athletes play, but never call him/her a name.

Hopefully, after these 2 years of insulting KH, some of the non-athletes learn how to vent their frustrations without insults. It feels like KH had an uphill battle just because of his past at aTm. If he was with us from the beginning, people would not have been so hard on him.

I don't recall reading anything that I take as a personal insult. Saying that a player has made mistakes, is too limited, etc. is will within the legitimate range of discussion it else this entire board is pointless.

AroundWorldFrog

I guess I missed that post. I would deem that out of bounds. What's frustrating is when Kenny's self-appointed defender internet warriors respond to a few insults by labeling any critical post as a personal attack.
Dude, really. Go back and read the game thread. And twitter was worse. Bunch of anonymous chicken [ Finebaum ]es.

TCURiggs

Interesting that KH ranks in the top 4, in some cases in the top 2-3 of all time TCU QBs in many passing categories including records for completion percentage in career and season based on updated stats I saw.

Also 5th in the nation in completion percentage this season, with a ton of drops early. Finished around 25th in most other major passing categories (passing efficiency, passing yards, passing TDs, etc..). That's with missing a game in Lubbock as well. Throw in the 11 wins and you'd be ridiculous to argue that he didn't have a very good year.

ifrog

I guess I missed the posts. I would deem that out of bounds. What's frustrating is when Kenny's self-appointed defender internet warriors respond to a few insults by labeling any critical post as a personal attack.
FIFY

There is nothing wrong with being critical. I was early on in the game with his gameplay, but the same group of dbag butthurt internet warriors were piling on as usual. Some of them didn’t post in the second half. That speaks volumes.

There needs to be some balance. Besides that he’s a student athlete and at times didn’t deserve the hate and vitriol that he received this year on this forum.

4th. down

We all know Kenny had talent out of HS and what happened at A&M and then his trek at TCU. He's bigger than he looks and is quicker and faster than you would think he is. When he started running the ball, it all changed. Too much for the defense to worry about - Kenny running, or passing, or Sewo running. They didn't know what was coming especially when he rolled out.

A long journey for him that worked out and he did put in the work, going out to Cal. during spring break each year for QB coaching then going all summer. Good for Kenny and of course, good for TCU. We will miss him and also the 11-3. If we hadn't had a championship game, we probably would have played Penn St. in a 6 bowl.

stbrab

Also 5th in the nation in completion percentage this season, with a ton of drops early. Finished around 25th in most other major passing categories (passing efficiency, passing yards, passing TDs, etc..). That's with missing a game in Lubbock as well. Throw in the 11 wins and you'd be ridiculous to argue that he didn't have a very good year.
It’s a minor point, but Kennie finished with 10 wins. I too, got frustrated with KH at times, but his decisions and performance in the last half of the Alamo Bowl were exceptional. As far as the season, I think we would have lost more games without him than with him. He had a very good year. Not Heisman worthy...but pretty damn good.

netty2424

Was it ever stated on the forum that Shawn Robinson was hurt? I don't remember seeing or hearing anything specific to this game, but he didn't see the field that I recall. There were some sets that we ran with him all season, but we didn't see any of that this game.

I remember someone posting he had a rortator injury after tech? Any truth to that?