• The KillerFrogs

Kenny deserves to be remembered for what he was.....

Moose Stuff

....... a very solid player and a good kid. Led this team with class and always played hard. 11 wins. Threw for 3152 yards and 23 TD this year. Ran for 480 and 5 TD and threw in another 2 receiving. And if you still can’t accept that those are damn good numbers and that Kenny still just wasn’t that good consider what our QB situation would have been without him the last two years. Thanks Kenny!

Limey Frog

Absolutely. He proved me wrong dead wrong last night, as I thought he wasn't going to 'flip the switch' halfway through--I said that you only ever get good Kenny or bad Kenny, and that if bad Kenny shows up you're best yanking him. I was flat wrong.

Where I and most other posters were right was in our off-season predictions: Kenny had a skill set good enough to beat most college teams if he and the coaches stayed patiently within it. First half last night he tried to do too much and failed to run where there was room to do so. Once we committed to running where possible and Stanford mercifully stopped blitzing, it was his night.

Great game, great season, fine young man and a lifelong Horned Frog. So long, Kenny. I'm glad to have been wrong. Thanks, and Go Frogs.

FrogLifeYo

Kenny has always been a fighter..I've been very critical of him and I still think he's way more athlete than QB..Last night after 1Q was Maybe the best football of his entire career. I'm sincerely happy for him. Stats aside, we've had better QBs but maybe Boykin was the only better athlete. 11 wins is a great accomplishment and the QB stride he made this year from last was light years. Still he one of the most frustrating players to watch in recent memory

Wexahu

He's a polarizing player because his play is so polarizing. I mean, a couple of those 1st quarter throws and decisions were just off the charts bad, just totally unacceptable for a 5th year senior with as much playing experience as he has. But then he comes back and makes some really nice plays and wins the game. I too was really glad to see him go out the way he did. You can tell he's really well-liked by his teammates.

Shorty

Last night's game:
10-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

ShreveFrog

Roller Koaster Kenny. Made the same mistakes in first half that he’s always made. Then he plays great in second half. That’s what drives so many of us crazy. But really glad he got the win and he and we have a great memory and good feelings about the Kenny years. Thank you, Kenny! Good luck in all future endeavors and Go Frogs!

rifram09

Others have said this in a way, but it is notable to think what we would have been without him. Probably Foster Sawyer for two years, and maybe we would have been okay. But it’s very likely that we would have been 6-7 win teams both years. Foster wasn’t recruited to play like Boykin. He was recruited to play like Andy Dalton.

Kenny was a great bridge QB to get us from the mountain west recruiting to the blue chips we are able to get now.

Atomic Frawg

When it comes to modern-era TCU QBs, you have to put the man near the top: Dalton, Boykin, Hill, Ballard, Gunn, Batteaux. He has the numbers and wins to support it. It's always hard being the guy to follow a fan favorite because the expectations are always super high. He did everything he was asked to do coming from down south, and he did it with humility. He knew what people were saying, and he could hear crowd rumblings, but he kept going back out and trying his best. He has guts, and in the words of R. Lee Ermey, "Guts is enough." He has my respect and a handshake should I ever come across him.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
When it comes to modern-era TCU QBs, you have to put the man near the top: Dalton, Boykin, Hill, Ballard, Gunn, Batteaux. He has the numbers and wins to support it. It's always hard being the guy to follow a fan favorite because the expectations are always super high. He did everything he was asked to do coming from down south, and he did it with humility. He knew what people were saying, and he could hear crowd rumblings, but he kept going back out and trying his best. He has guts, and in the words of R. Lee Ermey, "Guts is enough." He has my respect and a handshake should I ever come across him.
With the company you mention, can't forget Brandon Hassell.