• The KillerFrogs

Keith Jackson Passes Away at 89

Leap Frog

Keith's sidekick for a long time on broadcasts was Frank Broyles-- ex Arky football coach.
They were discussing the upcoming Okie- Nebraska game and it's implications.
Broyles wanted to know where the game was going to be played, and came up with this:
"Whea dey gonna play this yeah Keith, Boulda? Bless old Frank's southern fried heart, he meant well.
Keith just looked bewildered, and quickly changed the subject.

Gunner

Guy named Tipps, think his name was Vern or somesuch. He was even better than Keith and I think Jackson got a lot of his stuff from TIpps. Not even sure I got his name right, been so long.

Tipps did a lot of the old Humble Oil, Exxon Southwest Conference games.

OICU812

GOAT and not even close, IMO. For my money he pretty much invented televised football (I don't watch NFL). Grew up watching him and Bud Wilkinson on ABC, and there was absolutely nothing else like it on TV then. The one time I was lucky to attend a game the two of them were covering, it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Knew we were involved in something really special. Memory could be fuzzy, but I could swear I remember them prior to the game on a flatbed on rails, moving along the sideline doing their pre game coverage.