• The KillerFrogs

Kansas Gameday thread

cdsfrog

More Frogs the Better said:

I wish I had the 2013 feeling but that team, bad as the results were, and in the impossible position of having complete chaos on offense under the worst OC in college football, still played with way more passion than this one does.  Also, there were some players on that team that looked ready to take their game to the next level.   I look at our OL and entire defense and I'm perplexed as to whether there is enough there with the passion and talent to get us to another level.  Hopefully that thing about it never being as bad as it seems applies here.
Part of it because they can't execute of anything even basic. If they developed properly u wouldn't feel that way

Pharm Frog

MTfrog5 said:
Such a bad excuse. This has happened for years. You shouldn't have the same signals you had in 2002
I find this excuse sad and implausible since it appears that even our own current players have a hard time deciphering the signals.

jack the frog

TCURiggs said:
Yep, except for a brief Aggie weird, booze skewed month at AtM this is effectively his first year playing with some proper developement surrounded by actual grown ups. I would be surprised if Kenny was not the guy for the rest of the year and The Guy for any QB plans next year while Shawn matures. I would be shocked if coaches did not see him as the guy for the this year and next. He is miles ahead of our last freshmen sophomore QB's output.

yurintroubl

So it's unusual for ESPN.com to show full D stats in their NCAAF box scores - but they did for our game today.

A couple observations:

- Howard, Johnson and Summers all double-digit in tackles (Howard 11 solo)

- Johnson and Carraway are the only 2 players with 2+ TFLs.  4 DL involved in 5 total Sacks.

- Other than the INTs - only 2 PDs by the secondary (the other 2 were by MacFarland).  It's fair to say not many balls are hitting the turf (If we don't INT - They are getting caught).

Pharm Frog

Anybody know why we wouldn't sub on the KU final drive when they were out of TOs and they subbed with fifteen seconds on the play clock? Then KU did the hook and lateral play. We could have forced them to take a delay because we had an opportunity to match. No way they should have been allowed to run that play.

SnoSki

archifrog said:
What a bunch of whiner's on this board....Last few years with KU have been a tussle....

Frogs win....that's all that matters...

Hats off to KU and Willis for playing a great game....

With respect, I don't think someone is a whiner because they want to beat a truly awful Kansas team by more than 1. 

Setting high expectations is the only was to achieve high results.

PO Frog

Pharm Frog said:
Anybody know why we wouldn't sub on the KU final drive when they were out of TOs and they subbed with fifteen seconds on the play clock? Then KU did the hook and lateral play. We could have forced them to take a delay because we had an opportunity to match. No way they should have been allowed to run that play.
Because our coach is not a strategically gifted game manager.

PO Frog

Pharm Frog said:
I don't think you have to be gifted to see that situation and be prepared to take advantage of a late sub
Gary had the guys he wanted on the field. Doubt he thought about much else. He considers almost no clock management or game strategy from a higher level of thought.