• The KillerFrogs

Just got a shelter-in-place notice for armed person on campus.

HToady

So TCU should come out and say, "Glad John the bus driver didn't kill anyone. Nothing to see here. No Counseling or services will be available for our students who pay an asinine amount of money to attend our lovely university."

Good god folks, there was a shooting/attempted murder on campus. If students need to talk about it, it doesn't necessarily make them huge pussies.

Edit: LOL at the lack of filter.
I would have felt better if the University had said that they were taking extra steps to evaluate the type of person that drives me across campus each day, but they didn't...they offered counseling, with bagels and doughnuts. Literally.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So TCU should come out and say, "Glad John the bus driver didn't kill anyone. Nothing to see here. No Counseling or services will be available for our students who pay an asinine amount of money to attend our lovely university."

Good god folks, there was a shooting/attempted murder on campus. If students need to talk about it, it doesn't necessarily make them huge pussies.

No I'm saying the world has changed. And I don't understand how or why anyone would be distraught over what happened today except maybe the guy that got shot at and the guy currently in prison.

I'm glad the school offers counseling. I'm just surprised it's necessary in this case.

TCURiggs

Unless you were on that bus/on the scene, you're probably a wussy if you need to talk to a counselor/therapist about it... IMO, of course.

Frogcrates

No I'm saying the world has changed. And I don't understand how or why anyone would be distraught over what happened today except maybe the guy that got shot at and the guy currently in prison.

I'm glad the school offers counseling. I'm just surprised it's necessary in this case.
Could simply be in light of recent events (Vegas, Sutherland Springs, etc.) that just might have people a bit on edge and prone to getting a little rattled if suddenly and unexpectedly told that there’s a gunman on campus and to shelter in place immediately.

...and to HToady (I assume the H stands for “hardass”). It seems like half your posts these days involve some rant about snowflakes. Which can only lead me to conclude that you must be posting from the refugee camp you’re working at or on your way to another tour in Afghanistan. Because if you’re just sitting there with your ass on a soft couch cushion trying to convince everyone and yourself that you’re not just as fragile as any in the softest generation humanity has been fortunate enough to know, then please find some place else for that crap. There are enough blowhard wannabe tough guys out there these days including one [ Arschloch] who just shot up a church.

Last edited: