• The KillerFrogs

Jerry Kill returns to full time coaching

HToady

If he had had to deal with everything that's going on with the Minnesota football team this year....he'd still be flopping around like a sturgeon on a poop deck.....

Froglaw

Kill is the reason the Gophers had a shot at the Rose bowl,this year.

Great great guy.

10 dumb bunny players go out and soil the season after he "retired" because of his health.

Unlike AB, Kill is honest and just will out work his opponent.

TCU2002

Kill seems like (and is, IIRC) a Midwestern guy through and through.  It is not surprising that he would get back into coaching if his health let him, but I am surprised he would do so at Rutgers.  He seems like an odd fit and it hard to discern why that particular job would be worth taking given the downtrodden state of the program.  Perhaps he goes way back with the HC there?

Or, it is the old "When coaching is in your blood"-type thing at work here.

tcudoc

TCU2002 said:
Kill seems like (and is, IIRC) a Midwestern guy through and through.  It is not surprising that he would get back into coaching if his health let him, but I am surprised he would do so at Rutgers.  He seems like an odd fit and it hard to discern why that particular job would be worth taking given the downtrodden state of the program.  Perhaps he goes way back with the HC there?

Or, it is the old "When coaching is in your blood"-type thing at work here.
Maybe he just wants to coach somewhere that will be less stressful and better for his health.  I would think that Rutgers would fit that bill.  I can't imagine it will be a high pressure job.

froginmn

tcudoc said:
Maybe he just wants to coach somewhere that will be less stressful and better for his health.  I would think that Rutgers would fit that bill.  I can't imagine it will be a high pressure job.
Patterson: just win by one

Rutgers: just lose by less than 40