• The KillerFrogs

Ja'Juan Storey - Wide Receiver Transfer from Florida

BillupsFrog

I apologize. I just re-checked PM and Ja'Juan Story did commit to TCU late last night. He'll be moving to Ft. Worth on Sunday and will redshirt this season.

froginaustin

Here's a story about him leaving UF. Doesn't say where Story's going, though.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2012-08-10/story/gators-notebook-wide-receiver-jajuan-story-will

cdsfrog

I bet you that had a huge impact, good call. Shannon recruited him out of highschool. Not so sure that USF doesnt get him otherwise.

FROGDADDY

The young talent on this team is better than anything we've ever had IMO, and it just keeps getting better. We may take some lumps this year, and we may have endure some taunts from our "friends" about how we weren't ready to sit at the big boy table, but man are we positioned to be good in the coming years.

maximilian

Randy Shannon's first recruiting score?

He apparently was hanging out with Anderson at practice, not Shannon.

Edit: I still agree that Shannon knowing him from his Miami days probably helped.

The biggest factor in this transfer was Muschamp saying he couldn't go to any SEC schools, or Miami/FSU.

The young talent on this team is better than anything we've ever had IMO, and it just keeps getting better. We may take some lumps this year, and we may have endure some taunts from our "friends" about how we weren't ready to sit at the big boy table, but man are we positioned to be good in the coming years.

+1

I'm not really concerned with the people (fans and media alike) who are inevitably going to falsely judge us based on one year. Tech lost 5 games+ in every one of their first eight seasons in the B12. It goes without saying how Baylor fared in their first 15 seasons.

Patterson himself has said it will take a few years. It's not a great mystery.

That being said, our talent level on offense is in another stratosphere compared to pre-2009 squads. If GP can work some magic on defense as he has consistently done, then our path to success will be pretty quick.