• The KillerFrogs

I've got to respectfully disagree with the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Oct 5 2007, 03:08 AM) [snapback]56056[/snapback]
That guy is one hell of a kickoffer, sir. He's done an excellent job and serves as an inspiration for the physically handicapped.

Excuse me, but a guy who is stronger and faster than 98% of us is not handicapped. And i doubt he thinks he is either. Not trying to be trite, but this annoyed me more than a little.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 5 2007, 03:34 AM) [snapback]56080[/snapback]
Excuse me, but a guy who is stronger and faster than 98% of us is not handicapped. And i doubt he thinks he is either. Not trying to be trite, but this annoyed me more than a little.

Oh don't be ridiculous. I doubt he is as sensitive about it as you apparently are. Missing a hand is a physical handicap no matter how you look at it.

negrodamus

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]55852[/snapback]
I hate this board and nearly everyone on it. Can't stand the mods and administrators.

QUOTE(Genbukan @ Oct 4 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]55857[/snapback]
I bet Mike Schultz is responsible :angry:

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]55899[/snapback]
Good luck with that. As a member of the KFC HoF who will be nominating future candidates, don't get your hopes up. You should probably just go back to being the jerk you usually are.

QUOTE(DixieFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]55984[/snapback]
[ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch].

[SIZE=12pt]One must love the disparity. If I were to post anything similar to the statements listed above, the post would be removed and I would be banned for two weeks. Since joining the KFC, I have twice been on suspension. What is more, each statement was true and within the parameters of the rules.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] I have a profound disdain for the "MOD SQUAD!" If you all want to moderate something it should be the prejudice and discrimination (not racial recently) you display on this board. Certain people on this board can post anything they damn-well-please and others are subject to the "rules." Simulated sex acts or plastic breast as an avatar are fine, if you are a good-old-boy. Y'ALL are dreadful, corrupt, and rude. Thanks![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

macaroni

QUOTE(Nergodamus @ Oct 4 2007, 10:37 PM) [snapback]56082[/snapback]
If I were to post anything similar to the statements listed above, the post would be removed and I would be banned for two weeks. Since joining the KFC, I have twice been on suspension.

Was that because you don't even know how to spell "Negrodamus"?

negrodamus

QUOTE(FriscoFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]56085[/snapback]
Was that because you don't even know how to spell "Negrodamus"?

[SIZE=12pt]It’s called witticism or for you a pun. You seem to like plastic a lot, I wonder if I was referring you. [/SIZE]

macaroni

QUOTE(Nergodamus @ Oct 4 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]56089[/snapback]
[SIZE=12pt]It’s called witticism or for you a pun. You seem to like plastic a lot, I wonder if I was referring you. [/SIZE]

So you steal a character from The Chappelle Show (inlcuding the avatar representation), but you cleverly misspell the name? You're right, that is witty.

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 5 2007, 03:34 AM) [snapback]56080[/snapback]

Um...I think the ADA would have something to say about that. Missing part of a limb is a physical handicap. It doesn't matter if you were born that way or lost it in battle. It is still a physical handicap.

The fact that he is stronger and faster than 98% of us IS an inspiration. We wake up and our back hurts and we don't want to go to work. This young man has woken up every day with a physical limitation and has not allowed it to become a mental limitation. This young man was made fun of and endured horrible ridicule by his peers growing up, has endured, and made the most of what God has graced him with. This young man had a dream, set a goal, and has never given up. This young man is playing major college football; something 99% of us could only dream of. This young man is a Texas Christian Horned Frog. This young man is Drew Combs and he inspires me.

O

Omniscience Frog

QUOTE(Texas Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]56051[/snapback]
Stinnett,

Here is the quote from the DMN article:

Patterson reached the same conclusion and believed Blake was performing at only 70 percent of his capacity. He sat down with Blake after the win over SMU, and the two talked about how the young man had seen no improvement on the field or with what he was wrestling in his personal life.

Both decided it would be best if Blake was granted another leave of absence.

"I put a two-week window on it," Patterson said. "It may be longer than that. It may be the rest of the season.

This issue is a matter of conscience and conviction on Blake's part. It appears Patterson is expecting the players to find a way to compete according to Patterson's convictions.

I take it you haven't read anything about this situation other than that article. You're clueless as to the context of Patterson's statements.

negrodamus

QUOTE(FriscoFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]56091[/snapback]
So you steal a character from The Chappelle Show (inlcuding the avatar representation), but you cleverly misspell the name? You're right, that is witty.

[SIZE=12pt]Yes, I did use the character Negrodamus’ likeness; however, I chose to change the spelling due to obvious reasons. I would not expect you to understand. Nevertheless, you must sleep next to a moose, because your devotion to fake breast is very telling. [/SIZE]

Boston Frog (in Paris)

Still on the ledge
QUOTE(Frog Miester @ Oct 4 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]56015[/snapback]
he wont ever be back to tcu, so why do you need to know all the details?

[SIZE=36pt]I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS. I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR THE DETAILS. I MERELY SUGGESTED THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DISCUSS A KEY PLAYER'S ABSENCE HERE AND THE EFFECT IT'S HAVING ON THE TEAM.

WHY DOES NOBODY GET THIS???????[/SIZE]

Deep Purple

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]56076[/snapback]
I can't quit you, Wes.

Now that's just oogy.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]56080[/snapback]

May not be trite, but it does sound exceptionally PC. You make it sound like, given a choice in the matter, he would just as soon be born with one fully developed arm as two. I doubt that if he were to weigh in on the issue, he would agree with that.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]56102[/snapback]
[SIZE=36pt]WHY DOES NOBODY GET THIS???????[/SIZE]

I think it's because you're using too large a font size.

macaroni

QUOTE(Nergodamus @ Oct 4 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]56101[/snapback]
[SIZE=12pt]Yes, I did use the character Negrodamus’ likeness; however, I chose to change the spelling due to obvious reasons. I would not expect you to understand. Nevertheless, you must sleep next to a moose, because your devotion to fake breast is very telling. [/SIZE]

Moose have fake breasts?

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(FriscoFrog @ Oct 5 2007, 04:20 AM) [snapback]56108[/snapback]
Moose have fake breasts?

Only the ones that want promotions.

HF01

This sounds stupid - anybody ever read Harry Potter - 'He who must remain unnamed'. Grow up people, we all know what this is about.

To add fuel to the fire that doesn't necessarily need to be done but will be because it bothers me some think we aren't entitled to speak about this matter. I invest money in TCU for the football program which increases the profile of the school which increases the level of candidates that my company hires which ultimately increases the amount of money that goes into my pocket. Its an investment for me, not unlike the stock market.

Like it or not, scholarship athletes are PAID from the school. They get a free education plus housing and food, and at TCU that is worth A LOT. Did I get a scholarship...partially dependent on my academic results. If my GPA slipped below a certain level, I didn't receive that scholarship. Same should be said for football players. They don't like it, try going pro - worked out well for McDonald and Rodgers.

I'm sorry, but if my money is going towards a football players free ride at TCU I want to know the results and reasons for shortcomings. I am investing in TCU and the football program, and will move my investment elsewhere if I feel that I am getting a better return.

Not saying it has to be discussed here on KFC, but I will do whatever it takes to feel satisfied my money is reaping rewards. Its the owners decision to not discuss this here, and I respect that but damn you people who think we don't have the right to discuss.

If we're 1-10, and enrollment is down, and the business school applications are down, and the quality of applicants to my company is down this directly financially hurts me. Football players are public figures in the relationship to TCU and need to realize that $30k/year+ for TCU = they have responsibilities to those that are paying the money.

But lets keep his health in perspective and respect him. After all, there's nothing else at stake here.

macaroni

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Oct 4 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]56121[/snapback]
8 pages of pure internet anthrax.

Aw, lighten up sweetie. Have a Moose Drool.

moose.gif

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Oct 4 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]56121[/snapback]
8 pages of pure internet anthrax.

The difference is that anthrax kills you. This thread and the player who must not be named make me want to KILL MYSELF.

Status
Not open for further replies.