• The KillerFrogs

I've got to respectfully disagree with the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]55852[/snapback]
I hate this board and nearly everyone on it.

You sure spend a lot of time hanging around a place you hate. What are you, a masochist?

QUOTE(Coach Pattersons Dog @ Oct 4 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]55947[/snapback]
How does one 'tenure' a resignation? Does this mean academic professionals who teach at TCU are seeking 'tender'? Hmmmmm....

Are we really peer editing people's posts here? I have a limited amount of time to sneak a post in at work, no time to proof read. Obviously, my english professors should lose thier 'tender'.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Oct 4 2007, 08:36 PM) [snapback]55941[/snapback]
Man, I don't agree with this at all. I get back from lunch expecting some serious TD Fakes talk and the whole damn thread was deleted. Screw the TB talk...its worn out, we all wish him the best, let's get on with our lives...but dangit, I want some TD Fakes talk!!!
We can say [ Arschloch]? :eek:hmy:

[ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch], [ Arschloch].

Anyone see South Park last night? Cartman with Tourettes... Classic! :biggrin:

HFrog1999

QUOTE(SaxTCU @ Oct 4 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]55982[/snapback]
Are we really peer editing people's posts here? I have a limited amount of time to sneak a post in at work, no time to proof read. Obviously, my english professors should lose thier their 'tender'.

grammarpolice.jpg

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]55899[/snapback]
Good luck with that. As a member of the KFC HoF who will be nominating future candidates, don't get your hopes up. You should probably just go back to being the jerk you usually are.

Ugh. Me no like. Me crush with club. :wacko:

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Oct 4 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]55861[/snapback]
Nevada or San Diego aren't that far from San Francisco, just go to Vegas for the weekend and watch the game there. :biggrin:

Never thought about that. I am going down to San Diego for that game, as well as the BYU game. Hmmm, not far at all....

QUOTE(Boston Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]55803[/snapback]
I'm not going to mention the player's name out of respect for your request, but...

This is ridiculous. Our best player is not playing (let's just leave it at that), and the whole scenario has obivously caused some level of distraction with GP and the team. And we're not even allowed to talk about it? At all? Why on earth are we here if we can't talk about stuff like this?

Deleting posts that contain rampant speculation or personal insults seems appropriate, but the vast majority of the posts in the now-disappeared thread on this topic from today contained neither. What's wrong with reasonable discussion of what's going on?

I respect our players as always; I appreciate their efforts in a Frog uniform and in the classroom as well. I admire, them, really. Yes, they're amateurs, but they DO receive some compensation for their efforts (I know that we don't spend $200,000 per athlete the way UT does, but I'll bet what we do spend per athlete is greater than the salaries of a number of posters on this board), and a lot of people on this board are at least partially responsible for providing that compensation.

When somebody who is on schloarship to play football isn't playing for some rather mysterious reason--further clouded by an article in the press that's very much in the public domain--it seems reasonable that we should be able to discuss the situation reasonably here. And, honestly, that's what the vast majority of us have been doing.

This is a big deal, like it or not. Besides, it's more interesting than discussing Mike Schultz, the band, game day production, marketing, whether or not everybody likes steelfrog, etc. etc. etc.

boston -

why do you care so much about a 19 year old kid's personal life? he is gone anyway and he's never coming back. get over it. christopher and panfil are playing great in his spot, so it is time to move on. quit obsessing over this one player. tcu is better off moving on without him, i am sorry to say.

as much as i like him, the distraction he has caused this year has been devastating. best for the team to replace him and move on.

he wont ever be back to tcu, so why do you need to know all the details? all it does is distract the team further. (and those who are hoping for a medical redshirt for blake - it is extremely unlikely he would be approved for that).

Pappy Frog

________

We all have our ideas.

However, the best way
for the real story to
be released/discussed
is when TB himself is
ready. I look for Gil,
or someone to interview
TB, and let Blake tell
his own story.
________

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 4 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]55852[/snapback]
I hate this board and nearly everyone on it. Can't stand the mods and administrators. But this is the correct call here Wes. This stuff about "They do receive compensation, so we can bag on them." is horse hockey. I was on the football and track teams, but was an academic scholarship student. Does that put me in a differentr category? For that matter, I believe 80% of the studentsa on campus receive some sort of scholly, of one size or another. Does that mean they are subject to being called out on their personal lives and decisions? Absurd. THE PLAYER's personal life is spilling over into football. The personal life is exewmpt from our discussion, IMO. Talk about his football, or not at all. Since he ain't playing, I say not at all is fine.

BTW, in case you were unaware, there are about 100 other players on the team as well, you know. I think this focus on one player by the press, etc. is one of our problems this year.

Thanks but you hate us? Geez

Texas Frog

The DMN article suggests that if the level of committment required by Coach Patterson is not exerted by a player, then even if that level of committment is in conflict with the players spiritual convictions, then the player must choose to play at the level Coach requires or not play at all. The article spoke of a player performing at 70% who was then given two weeks off to think about it. I think the issue is Coach Patterson.

StinnettFrog

QUOTE(Texas Frog @ Oct 4 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]56044[/snapback]
The DMN article suggests that if the level of committment required by Coach Patterson is not exerted by a player, then even if that level of committment is in conflict with the players spiritual convictions, then the player must choose to play at the level Coach requires or not play at all. The article spoke of a player performing at 70% who was then given two weeks off to think about it. I think the issue is Coach Patterson.

You gotta love reading comprehension. What article did you find with all of this insight?

Go back and donate another 1,200 to your favorite schools team report.

Texas Frog

QUOTE(StinnettFrog @ Oct 4 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]56046[/snapback]
You gotta love reading comprehension. What article did you find with all of this insight?

Go back and donate another 1,200 to your favorite schools team report.

Stinnett,

Here is the quote from the DMN article:

Patterson reached the same conclusion and believed Blake was performing at only 70 percent of his capacity. He sat down with Blake after the win over SMU, and the two talked about how the young man had seen no improvement on the field or with what he was wrestling in his personal life.

Both decided it would be best if Blake was granted another leave of absence.

"I put a two-week window on it," Patterson said. "It may be longer than that. It may be the rest of the season.

This issue is a matter of conscience and conviction on Blake's part. It appears Patterson is expecting the players to find a way to compete according to Patterson's convictions.

goldenfrog

QUOTE(PhormerPhrog @ Oct 5 2007, 03:08 AM) [snapback]56056[/snapback]
That guy is one hell of a kickoffer, sir. He's done an excellent job and serves as an inspiration for the physically handicapped.

What?

He inspires me for sure. The guy is strong as an ox.

YCBJ Frog

I have reason to believe the reason will go public in the very near future and it will be quite shocking. Prepare yourselves for very unanticipated news and upsetting news.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 5 2007, 01:35 AM) [snapback]56032[/snapback]
Thanks but you hate us? Geez

OK, well, maybe that was a wee strong. There is a fine line between love and hate, or so someone famous said. I can't quit you, Wes.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Oct 5 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]56076[/snapback]
I can't quit you, Wes.

Did you make the trip to Wyoming for the game or something? Been hanging out with fishin buddies?

Status
Not open for further replies.