• The KillerFrogs

ISU Game Thread

Moose Stuff

DickBumpastache said:
Also we set a season-high for punts in a game. Good thing we handed off so much though, lol...

Classic case of correlation = causation.
Could make some argument that running, even if not very successfully, burned some clock in the 2 quarters they had the wind and helped out the D.

Moose Stuff

Despite the odds Frog said:
I apologize. I thought if we allowed ISU to hang TCU would lose. I apologize that I didn't believe in the pride of TCU. Way to go TCU Horned Frogs! What a win! Awesome.
As I stated earlier, I fault ISU for letting a bad team hang around.

Taco10

Moose Stuff said:
Could make some argument that running, even if not very successfully, burned some clock in the 2 quarters they had the wind and helped out the D.

You could....but I would argue that completing passes short of the sticks and getting sacked keeps the clock running too.  But whatever man.

DickBumpastache

Moose Stuff said:

I don't know how you could make that argument, seeing as how ISU ran more plays than TCU did and possessed the ball just a tad longer. That's pretty amazing when you consider that 1 of ISU's TDs was on a special teams play. So the 'burning clock' theory really doesn't hold any water.

Double V

DickBumpastache said:

28 carries, 109 yards. Against one of the poorest defenses in FBS.

We scored 21 points against Iowa State. Is that good in your eyes?

LOL that Boykin led the TD drive and had the best YPC though.
We passed for nearly 400 last week and lost. We ran for "only" 109 this week and won...I'll take the latter.

And it was Aaron Green that made the last drive happen...not Boykin.

Reptilian

Taco10 said:

You could....but I would argue that completing passes short of the sticks and getting sacked keeps the clock running too.  But whatever man.
Winner. That was a beating. So many of them were with the marker in view.

Nice to win though.

Moose Stuff

DickBumpastache said:

I don't know how you could make that argument, seeing as how ISU ran more plays than TCU did and possessed the ball just a tad longer. That's pretty amazing when you consider that 1 of ISU's TDs was on a special teams play. So the 'burning clock' theory really doesn't hold any water.x
My point being it burned the clock better than incomplete passes. It wasn't like CP was setting the world on fire. And I'm not advocating it, just pointing out a possible upside.

DickBumpastache

Double V said:
OK then genius, what CAUSED us to win today?

Iowa State sucks. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I'm not sure how to explain this to where you'll understand, but the offense is out there to score points. We scored 27 last week. We scored 21 this week. We gained more yards last week, but also fumbled 2 more times.

Even the most simple-minded fool could see that the offense was worse this week. It just so happens that we were playing an opponent with very little talent and horrible clock management. Without ISU bungling its final drive and kicking a 17-yard punt, TCU doesn't have the luxury of getting stuffed twice near the goal line before finally punching it in.