• The KillerFrogs

Iowa State game is at 2:30 on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2

LVH

cYCMbn4.jpg

TCUdirtbag

Glad it’s not a night game.
Michigan St @ Northwestern and UCLA @ Washington are the other two games also in the mix for those 3 TV slots.

Last edited:

Sebastian S

They want gameday, can they be ranked then?

Edit- even if they are ranked, penn state ohio state gets gameday for week 9.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

So happy that this is not a night game. Iowa state is playing great and they already messed up Oklahoma's perfect season. They will be looking to do the same for us. 2:30 is a much better time IMO.

In everyone’s opinion. Also means the team gets home at a decent time instead of 2-3 am.

Not totally unrelated: not sure we’ll avoid a night game in Lubbock. Week before rivalry games leaving primetime wide open for that one. OU often draws night games, so that 2-week road stretch may be made even more brutal by being night games.

Wexahu

So happy that this is not a night game. Iowa state is playing great and they already messed up Oklahoma's perfect season. They will be looking to do the same for us. 2:30 is a much better time IMO.

I'm hoping a couple weeks of seeing the ISU backup QB on film will pay off for us. For as bad as they hammered Kansas, they only generated 318 yards of total offense against them. That's pretty bad. Granted, Kansas barely gained 100 so maybe their defense is greatly improved.

Still, the combination of them having our attention based on what they did to OU and playing with a backup QB should bode well for us. We won't overlook that game.

The amount of praise Iowa State is getting is so overblown.

They will lose by 2-3 TD's to Tech, and if we play our game we've got 35-21 in the bag.

This isn't the NFL, they didn't have good players that just weren't working together. It's Iowa State.

Sebastian S

Kansas scored 19 and 34 against Tech and West Virginia.

They were shut out by Iowa State. Plus the big one, they beat OU.

We haven't had that "brain fart" game yet - yes it is due to happen to any team, I am just hoping when it happens to us, it will just be an ugly win. Not like OU, Clemson, Washington....

Zubaz

They certainly aren't the team that lost to Iowa or Texas. The new QB is way better, and they are utilizing Lazzard a lot better as well. Tech game will go a long way to see if the OU win was a fluke or if they are for real.

Wexahu

They certainly aren't the team that lost to Iowa or Texas. The new QB is way better, and they are utilizing Lazzard a lot better as well. Tech game will go a long way to see if the OU win was a fluke or if they are for real.

I'm still struggling to see how they only racked up 318 yards of offense against Kansas. In this day and age that's a really low number. 18/30 for 212 through the air and 43 carries for 106 rushing. It's by far the fewest an FBS team has put up against Kansas this year. I know, they might have been in 1st gear all game due to the score, but still, that's not exactly marching up and down the field. And Lazzard's stats this year are actually far worse than last year. 30 catches for 350 yards through 6 games, that's pretty pedestrian.

I don't doubt that they're better, but that OU game might've been just a major fluke, like our games against Kansas have been minus that one play that changed the outcome from a W to an L.

FBallFan123

Just as it hurt Oklahoma not to get a prior look at Kempt, it should help TCU that they'll get a few looks at him before that game.

Plus, that win over Oklahoma should help get the player's attention before that game.

TooColdU

I'm still struggling to see how they only racked up 318 yards of offense against Kansas. In this day and age that's a really low number. 18/30 for 212 through the air and 43 carries for 106 rushing. It's by far the fewest an FBS team has put up against Kansas this year. I know, they might have been in 1st gear all game due to the score, but still, that's not exactly marching up and down the field. And Lazzard's stats this year are actually far worse than last year. 30 catches for 350 yards through 6 games, that's pretty pedestrian.

I don't doubt that they're better, but that OU game might've been just a major fluke, like our games against Kansas have been minus that one play that changed the outcome from a W to an L.

Did you even watch the game? The weather was definitely a factor. It was a wet and muddy mess.

They had a 45-Minute rain delay before the game and unlike K-State’s field, Iowa State plays on grass.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

In everyone’s opinion. Also means the team gets home at a decent time instead of 2-3 am.

Not totally unrelated: not sure we’ll avoid a night game in Lubbock. Week before rivalry games leaving primetime wide open for that one. OU often draws night games, so that 2-week road stretch may be made even more brutal by being night games.

Yeah, we're definitely going to be playing night games in Norman and Lubbock, making a 1-1 split in those games a good achievement. Every break we get prior to that is welcome. Next two plus UT are must wins. Do that and we can drop one of those tough road games with no repercussions.

y2kFrog

Iowa State has TD drives of 8, 23, 27, 35, and 56 plus a punt return TD. They were playing with a short field all day apparently.

Wexahu

Iowa State has TD drives of 8, 23, 27, 35, and 56 plus a punt return TD. They were playing with a short field all day apparently.

That makes sense. I didn’t see much of the game, I was just looking at the stats and was surprised how little offense was generated given the score. I guess the weather was poor too. In any event, I think GP can give a relatively inexperienced QB some fits.