• The KillerFrogs

I'm done with the air raid experiment

4 Oaks Frog

Thing is, I don’t know what you call our offense. It seems to be some sort of hodgepodge of things. We pass on running opportunities and visa versa. Then we run in another QB in the middle of a drive to hand off to run latterly? What was that supposed to accomplish. If you put the strong armed kid in there, let him throw the ball down field...or let him take off. If this is Air Raid offense, then our bombers are flying at a very low altitude.

Spit Blood ~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

frognutz

Go back to a ball control offense.

We had 2 good years thanks to a 1st round NFL receiver.

Shameful the past 2 years offensively. Playing the 112th ranked defense tonight and we look like [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]

You watched this year's Arkansas game and every one after that correct?

LisaLT

I feel like we’ve got quite a few people that will be doing that. And it won’t take 2-3 games. I can’t wait.
I've always thought Hill's strength was his ability to run the ball. I don't see that our coaches create many designed plays for him to run the ball this year. I also noticed last night the tempo seemed slower. The offense had to wait for an eternity to get direction from the sideline as to what play to run. That doesn't help.

ifrog

I think it was Mark Twain who wrote;

"Get you facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please".

Apparently LVH doesn't believe in using facts Heidel. Tragically that takes much more effort than the average KF post which instead seems to be just fling crap up and don't even care where it lands.
Well he believes that the Las Vegas shooting was a conspiracy so color me shocked.

Horny4TCU

I'm just tired of our ineptitude at offense. We have the players, we just need the coaches to get them there.

1. No more drops.
2. No more over/under thrown balls.
3. No more penalties for false starts.

All of these would be great to see the rest of the season.

Can't run an air raid offense, or any type of offense, with these types of errors.

LaxFrog3

14 and 15 was a Airaid. 16 and 17 has been Kenny Hills version. We need someone to throw down the field. Kenny has never been that guy. AD was not that guy. Boykin was. SR hopefully will be.

Mean Purple

TCU runs a distant shadow of what the Air Raid looks like these days. They are trying to keep KH within his abilities, from what I can tell.
He has all the ability. Turn up the tempo and let him throw to the middle in space. If it is 3 and out, no worries. Plenty of time left because little time taken off clock. Trust me, he can do it. Those passes he throws have a lot of zip. And that type of pass works well for our players and goes well with the run.

If they want to run clock, theme don't go empty backfield and really give him the fair shot to run rpos. And call run plays for him. That kid is a physical runner.

Mean Purple

Pinpoint for me specific things Kenny did last night that rendered him ineffective.
Those were good passes in tight windows. And when it was too covered up, he adjusted and made sure either the frog caught it or it hit the ground.

Someone pointed out the hodgepodge scheme. And that hits the nail on the head. Go up tempo if that is going to be the plan. KH can do it. Can't be afraid of an int. Boykin threw plenty of ints. But had plenty of plays to dig out. KH can easily do the same. They just need to trust him.

Those extra game reps give the FROGS more attempts to catch the ball. Rhythm means less drops. Then Kyle bounces it off tackle for 60.

This team is on the edge of scoring big every game. Take the brakes off and let them.

SuperTFrog

In the big 12 before the new offense got here, we were winning 44% of our games. Since the new offense got here we have won 76% of our games.

You know what, you’re right. Let’s go back to what we were doing before.

Any spread offense at some point has to stretch the field. Teams of equal athleticism to us will always be able to limit an offense that goes side to side to create space. If you can't throw deep the other option is over the middle and either kenny can't or won't throw there on a consistent basis.