• The KillerFrogs

If you thought TCU ever hated some ex coaches...

Chongo94

Check this out. Part of me finds this very humorous but part of me also finds it amazingly insecure. It speaks to the change in attitude of Tech fans over the years in my opinion. I highly doubt the TCU fan base would ever do something like this. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Anyway, apparently (and I'm amazed at how many have actually signed it) there is a petition out there to stop Tommy Tuberville from color commenting Tech's game this weekend against Houston. Some of the reasons why they signed are pretty funny.

https://www.change.org/p/espn-remov...options_most_recruits&utm_content=ex5:control

Chongo94

I wonder what they think about Craig and Adam James?

Speaking of, I've been in that "shed" he was put in. Ridiculous. It's big, more than enough room to lay down easily in. That whole family sucks. To answer your question, Craig would most likely be strung up. I think most see Adam as too stupid to know any better.

Deep Purple

Check this out. Part of me finds this very humorous but part of me also finds it amazingly insecure. It speaks to the change in attitude of Tech fans over the years in my opinion. I highly doubt the TCU fan base would ever do something like this. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Anyway, apparently (and I'm amazed at how many have actually signed it) there is a petition out there to stop Tommy Tuberville from color commenting Tech's game this weekend against Houston. Some of the reasons why they signed are pretty funny.

https://www.change.org/p/espn-remove-tommy-tuberville-from-color-commentating-texas-tech-vs-the-university-of-houston/nftexp/ex5/control/748884184?recruiter=748884184&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial.combo_new_control_share_options_most_recruits&utm_content=ex5:control
Couple of guys complained that Tuberville compared Lubbock to Iraq. Don't they realize it was a compliment?

Double V

I like the "and he had a horrible record here." Hmmm, better than the record ole Kliffy has managed so far in his time as HC...
Tubby was 20-17 (.541 win %)
Kliffy is 26-25 (.510 win %)

Ray Finkle

"We, the signers of this petition do not intend to watch the game (TTU vs UH) being aired on ESPN unless Tommy Tuberville is removed from the lineup."

If they were real fans, they'd be at the game. Not to mention that it also gets them out of Lubbock for a day or two and that's always a huge plus.

JurisFrog

I signed. It is a slap in the face to Tech and the Big 12. ESPN would not do that to an SEC school.

The way he left, in the middle of a recruiting dinner, is among the sorriest things I have read about in the college coaching world. If he had done that at an SEC school, assuming he made it out of town alive, it would have barred him from ever commentating a game for that conference, much less the school itself. I think we all should sign it.

Limp Lizard

I signed. It is a slap in the face to Tech and the Big 12. ESPN would not do that to an SEC school.

The way he left, in the middle of a recruiting dinner, is among the sorriest things I have read about in the college coaching world. If he had done that at an SEC school, assuming he made it out of town alive, it would have barred him from ever commentating a game for that conference, much less the school itself. I think we all should sign it.
Too bad you will miss the game. I will watch. I doubt that ESPN would be that bad unless it were the coach of Alabama or a major SEC player. Tuberville might have actually gotten away with some of what the Lubbock people say, but TT and Lubbock allowed him to do it. Like Waco and Baylor blaming Briles for all the problems.
I can see Francione being allowed to work an SEC game and what he did to Alabama was horrible.

Limp Lizard

How should we feel if Dennis Franchonie was color commentating a TCU game? Other than his annoying nasaly voice.....
Francione was just a very ambitious coach who only saw non-BCS schools as stepping stones. His leaving TCU was kind of expected, but still hurt. What he did to Alabama was much, much worse.

Lots of ex coaches are hard to listen to. But they generally know the game pretty well and can give good insight.

Chongo94

How should we feel if Dennis Franchonie was color commentating a TCU game? Other than his annoying nasaly voice.....

I wondered that myself. But I have to say half the time I don't know or am not paying attention to who the color commentator is so to me it wouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited:

Zubaz

Dennis Franchione's first game as a color commentator in 2008: Alabama vs. Clemson.

Spike

Too bad you will miss the game. I will watch. I doubt that ESPN would be that bad unless it were the coach of Alabama or a major SEC player. Tuberville might have actually gotten away with some of what the Lubbock people say, but TT and Lubbock allowed him to do it. Like Waco and Baylor blaming Briles for all the problems.
I can see Francione being allowed to work an SEC game and what he did to Alabama was horrible.

Yeah Fran did Bama wrong but considering where Sa(t)ban has them now I doubt they care much.

These Tech fans must lead a rather barren life if they find it necessary to resort to such

measures in order to castigate some former inane coach who elected to go elsewhere.

Deep Purple

Lots of ex coaches are hard to listen to.
lou10.jpg