• The KillerFrogs

I Guess No News On Cumbie's Interview This AM

BABYFACE

Frog-in-law1995 said:
True, but they also tend not to get offered $3.9 million.
I do agree with that. 3.9 mil can go a long ways on being displaced.

If it was just money, I think he would have accepted Monday. I am guessing SC is evaluating if staying at TCU or going to UT is going to provide the best path to being a HC. I imagine that is the primary focus. Wife and their situation is being added to the equation. The money part is a go. The question is are the other parts of the decision a go?

Frog-in-law1995

BABYFACE said:
I do agree with that. 3.9 mil can go a long ways on being displaced.

If it was just money, I think he would have accepted Monday. I am guessing SC is evaluating if staying at TCU or going to UT is going to provide the best path to being a HC. I imagine that is the primary focus. Wife and their situation is being added to the equation. The money part is a go. The question is are the other parts of the decision a go?
This makes a lot of sense. Certainly couldn't hurt for an offensive guy, if he wants to be a head coach, to spend his coordinator years picking up defensive nuggets from GMFP.

cdsfrog

Moose Stuff said:
Tulsa guy may also be a strong candidate elsewhere. Horns possibly at risk of losing both if they don't act?

Strong everywhere.

Candidate for SC, A&M, OU etc. They were dead set on Cumbie. I don't think they make this guy wait. If he says I will accept if you offer and they do, I'd expect this to be done by later today. 

Just depends on his interview.

Ray Finkle

My father's former business partner played football at West Texas A&M and was from the Amarillo area.  I distinctly remember less than 10 years ago him saying, "TCU has a good football team but they will never be respected in the State of Texas until they beat UT."

Now we have one of the hottest OCs in the country debating whether or not to take a job in Austin, as he likes his job and quality of life in Fort Worth?  This would have made absolutely no sense 10 years ago.  None.

These are the glory days of TCU football.  Take a step back and smile.  We have come a long, long way and did it the right way (cough, Baylor).  Even if he does leave, appreciate the respect he is showing our program and the city by really weighing this decision.  TCU is a special place.  Fort Worth is a special place.

Go Frogs!

lonestarfrog89

I feel like I'm reading about people speculating on oil prices for the coming years. No one knows anything but people are going to make predictions so they can say "told ya so!"

Dogfrog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
This makes a lot of sense. Certainly couldn't hurt for an offensive guy, if he wants to be a head coach, to spend his coordinator years picking up defensive nuggets from GMFP.
Kirk Bohls reported Sonny makes $700k / yr at TCU ($2.1M vs. $3.9). Presumably this is prior to any raise.

NYC Horned Frog

Celebration gif time!

brad-pitt.jpg

Bayonnefrog

Bayonnefrog said:
He's gone.  We knew this would happen eventually with their success just sucks that its Texas.  But makes sense.  They suck so they need to cherry pick coaches from in conference to succeed.  Strong knows he's gone if they don't change things. 

I was completely wrong!  On hear to eat crow.  So glad you guys were right!  I need more faith.  I'm still in the mindset that UT always beats us when it comes to football.  I need to change that thinking!