• The KillerFrogs

I...gag...am rooting for Tech this weekend...gag

Limp Lizard

If Tech beats Texas, that will make 8 B12 teams bowl eligible. 80%! In a round-robin format!! Probably will not help get into the CFP, but with a good bowl year could really help the conference. TCU will have played 9 bowl teams.

And with a win Friday, TCU under GP will be 3-for-3 double-digit wins after a losing season. And 4-for-4 after a non-winning season (6-6 in 2001). Like clockwork. Hopefully that plus securing a place in the conference champ game will have our guys focused.

Pharm Frog

The Conference reputation is baked. Not even a road win over THE GREATEST PROGRAM NORTH OF THE MASON-DIXON LINE can change that because it's not perception, it's politics. 9-bowl eligible. 10-bowl eligible. Won't matter this year nor next nor the year after.

Limp Lizard

source.gif

Actually we need a team to win the damn thing to help us!

Bob

I might root for Tech if they were playing Baylor. But then, I might have to think about it first.

MN Frog

Crazy to think the Big XII may end up with as many bowl eligible teams as the BIG. Currently the BIG has 7 with the most they can get being 9, but only if Minnie knocks off Wiscy, which so would be OK with. Purdue plays Indiana and one of them has to win, which puts them at 8.

I will be curious as to how the narrative of conferences shakes out at the end. Qualifying 57% of your conference doesn't lead me to believe it's a difficult road to hoe on a weekly basis. 80% of your conference being eligible seems more difficult weekly, especially with the road schedule we have.

Frog-in-law1995

Fully expect Texas to fall flat against Tech and then lose the Heart of Arkadelphia bowl or whatever suck-ass game they get into. They will go 6-7, just like Chollie’s first year.

Zubaz

Very much this. Tech getting to a bowl game and then losing to a mid-level ACC / Pac-12 team does nothing for the conference. More teams in bowl games doesn't matter that much, more teams WINNING bowl games is what is important.

FrogLifeYo

What would be better would be a Whisky, USC, and Miami Loss this weekend...otherwise the CCG is likely meaningless for TCU in regard to CFP birth.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I do think Tech beats texas this week, i dont know why, not stats more like Murphys Law.
Agree. Those UT players and that doofus coach will have extra largely inflated noggins this week because they made a bowl game. Mission accomplished. No reason to continue the fight.