• The KillerFrogs

I declare a jihad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I like to save these "jihads" for special occasions but now is the time and our lack of televised baseball games on the mtn, is the right occasion.

As you may or may not be aware, the mtn has a 3 game per week schedule, which is great, but our beloved Horned Frogs are not on that schedule one single time. Of course we will be when conference tournament time comes around, but to not televise the conference's top team is a complete joke. It's also a joke and inconceivable that one of the nation's top pitchers and who could be the first pick taken in the upcoming draft, SDSU's Steven Strasberg, won't have the opportunity to showcase his talents on the mtn.

What can we do about it? I'll tell you what. We need every KF.C reader to email the conference commissioner, Craig Thompson, and express our displeasure. We can also email
Finally, use the contact form from the mtn's website and state your case.

Just a few rules, though.
  1. Be polite
  2. Don't insult them
  3. State your case intelligently
  4. Represent your school and it's fanbase with dignity
  5. Use your real name
the mtn - the mtn contact form

I will post the commissioners email address later today but lets get started on this. Coach Schlossnagle and the team deserve better.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Mar 9 2009, 05:41 PM) [snapback]307082[/snapback]
The Rules pretty much exclude Frognosticator I guess.

maybe but we dont want to sound like a bunch of raving lunatics or aggies

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Mar 9 2009, 05:42 PM) [snapback]307083[/snapback]
You don't look muslim.....

Wes Hussein al Phelani. It's an Irish name

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 05:37 PM) [snapback]307080[/snapback]

1. Be polite
  2. Don't insult them
  5. Use your real name

I will post the commissioners email address later today but lets get started on this. Coach Schlossnagle and the team deserve better.

May be asking too much, especially with #3, from this group. Perhaps a sample email that could be cut & pasted would help, but then again a thousand emails from Mr Phelani may look suspicious....

PurplePutt

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 04:37 PM) [snapback]307080[/snapback]
I like to save these "jihads" for special occasions but now is the time and our lack of televised baseball games on the mtn, is the right occasion.

As you may or may not be aware, the mtn has a 3 game per week schedule, which is great, but our beloved Horned Frogs are not on that schedule one single time. Of course we will be when conference tournament time comes around, but to not televise the conference's top team is a complete joke. It's also a joke and inconceivable that one of the nation's top pitchers and who could be the first pick taken in the upcoming draft, SDSU's Steven Strasberg, won't have the opportunity to showcase his talents on the mtn.

What can we do about it? I'll tell you what. We need every KF.C reader to email the conference commissioner, Craig Thompson, and express our displeasure. We can also email

1. Be polite
  2. Don't insult them
  5. Use your real name

Please provide a link to the schedule that shows 3 games a week?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Mar 9 2009, 05:47 PM) [snapback]307087[/snapback]
Where did you find a schedule other than the one which lists two SDSU games and the Conf Tourney?

My information came from Coach Schlossnagle. According to him, the conference tourney will be televised and of course we will be included at that time but in the weeks leading up to that event, none of TCU's games will be televised

PurplePutt

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 04:57 PM) [snapback]307091[/snapback]
My information came from Coach Schlossnagle. According to him, the conference tourney will be televised and of course we will be included at that time but in the weeks leading up to that event, none of TCU's games will be televised

Here is link to the TV schedule posted on the MWC website. Only shows two OOC games and the tourney? Maybe it is incomplete but if not is not showing any conf games other than tourney.

Frogo

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 11:37 PM) [snapback]307080[/snapback]
[/list]the mtn - the mtn contact form

I got the dreaded 404 error when I tried the link.

Is it just me (he said plaintively)?

Dogfrog

Before a jihad is declared, suggest we make certain that Schloss has not become a minister of misinformation.

leofrog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Mar 9 2009, 05:12 PM) [snapback]307096[/snapback]
Before a jihad is declared, suggest we make certain that Schloss has not become a minister of misinformation.

I don't think it matters what Wes heard, the fact is the same. There are only 2 regular season games being televised, which is a shame in the first place. And then, no TCU!! Part of that is we have no more marquee home games during the week. I just can't believe the mtn does not do a game of the week!!

Dogfrog

QUOTE(leofrog @ Mar 9 2009, 06:26 PM) [snapback]307099[/snapback]
I don't think it matters what Wes heard, the fact is the same. There are only 2 regular season games being televised, which is a shame in the first place. And then, no TCU!! Part of that is we have no more marquee home games during the week. I just can't believe the mtn does not do a game of the week!!

You go ahead and email the conference regarding the 12 games they plan to televise without including TCU. I'll wait until I'm sure about the facts.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Mar 9 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]307096[/snapback]

Are you suggesting that he lied?

PurplePutt

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]307120[/snapback]

The schedule shows one OOC game with SDSU and somebody. AFA and SDSU is the only regular season game. The remaining 11 games are all tourny games and since the season hasn't been played, obviously the bracket is blank.

Now I would complain that they aren't covering more than one regular season conference game. That is just stupid. The contact link doesn't work though and neither does the one on the MWC site.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 9 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]307120[/snapback]

No. Why would he lie? Based on the MWC web site, however, he could be misinformed.

ectofrog

I'm not at ALL saying he lied, but in answer to this...

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Mar 9 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]307132[/snapback]
Why would he lie?

Maybe to make this...

1. Be polite
2. Don't insult them
5. Use your real name

...happen.

In which case I wouldn't even care if he'd lied.

Nonetheless, if they're televising three games per week and none of them all year long include TCU, it's a much more egregious omission on MTN's part than if they're televising two regular season games all season long.

I think Schloss may have been misinformed on the TV schedule, or perhaps there was a communication error somewhere between Schloss and Wes...or maybe the MTN's website is just wrong. Who knows.

Dogfrog

Here's what MWC posted on their web site Friday.

This season's slate features 12 games on national television, with the possibility of a 13th game if a second championship contest is necessary at the 2009 Conoco MWC Baseball Championship. The television package includes one non-conference match-up, one league game and all MWC Tournament contests. The championship game(s) will be broadcast live by The Mtn. It will also be the third consecutive season that all games from the baseball championship will be televised.

Pretty clearly states there will be total of 12 games telecast, 10 of them tournament games. Now, it's possible this is wrong and Schloss has new info....

Status
Not open for further replies.