• The KillerFrogs

Hugh Freeze says he is not tempted to cheat.

One Frog Nation

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
0511-hugh-freeze-laremy-tunsil-getty-3.jpg

Pharm Frog

Didn't read articles but based on thread title I'd have to agree with coach. It's only considered temptation if you have any reservations about cheating. Otherwise it's just standard operating procedure

jack the frog

Pharm Frog said:
Didn't read articles but based on thread title I'd have to agree with coach. It's only considered temptation if you have any reservations about cheating. Otherwise it's just standard operating procedure
Beat me to it. When I used to drink to excess I was never tempted, I just drank.

TCURiggs

Honestly, I feel like Freeze may be one of the coaches that wouldn't knowingly partake in cheating. I think boosters/bag men are so established and out of control in that conference that they can operate without the coaches being involved. I think the Ole Miss boosters are just wheels-off. That doesn't necessarily absolve Freeze of everything, but I'm sure it's tough for some of those coaches to control that... the one's that would like to control it, anyway. 

Frog-in-law1995

TCURiggs said:
Honestly, I feel like Freeze may be one of the coaches that wouldn't knowingly partake in cheating. I think boosters/bag men are so established and out of control in that conference that they can operate without the coaches being involved. I think the Ole Miss boosters are just wheels-off. That doesn't necessarily absolve Freeze of everything, but I'm sure it's tough for some of those coaches to control that... the one's that would like to control it, anyway. 
Seems kinda fishy that he ended up at Ole Miss less than a month after Oher signed there. Doesn't pass the smell test. I think he's in neck deep.

TCURiggs

MrMcgibblets said:
He's a joke. Walked around media day spouting off bible verses. He's a con being protected by the SEC media.

I hear ya, but I think he's a pretty genuine guy. Hell, GP speaks highly of him, which goes a long way in my book. I don't think he's a Briles type who fakes the good ol boy routine and hides behind the Bible.

nwlafrog

TCURiggs said:
Didn't Laramie Tunsil post a text exchange between himself and a coach about needing an advance on his payments because he couldn't pay his rent? I'm pretty sure that I didn't imagine that and it seems like the head coach would/should know about pay for play.

I'm not saying that players shouldn't or should be rewarded in some way financially or in another way for their contributions to their school (that's a whole different argument).. Im just saying that Freeze may not be an angel.

Edit-- http://brobible.com/sports/article/laremy-tunsils-instagram-gets-hacked-college-coaches-money/

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15424437/2016-nfl-draft-laremy-tunsil-admits-taking-cash-ole-miss-rebels-coach

Peacefrog

Degenerate
nwlafrog said:
Didn't Laramie Tunsil post a text exchange between himself and a coach about needing an advance on his payments because he couldn't pay his rent? I'm pretty sure that I didn't imagine that and it seems like the head coach would/should know about pay for play.

I'm not saying that players shouldn't or should be rewarded in some way financially or in another way for their contributions to their school (that's a whole different argument).. Im just saying that Freeze may not be an angel.

Edit-- http://brobible.com/sports/article/laremy-tunsils-instagram-gets-hacked-college-coaches-money/

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15424437/2016-nfl-draft-laremy-tunsil-admits-taking-cash-ole-miss-rebels-coach
From what I have learned on the Internet, Ole Miss can't be criticized nor held responsible for this because Tunsil was no longer on the team when the news came out. This would also be true if he never played a down for the team.

Most SEC teams can take a measure of comfort in knowing....'what happens in their state

stays in their state'. SEC....where the art of deceit has been elevated to a whole new level.

ShepFrog

TCURiggs said:

I hear ya, but I think he's a pretty genuine guy. Hell, GP speaks highly of him, which goes a long way in my book. I don't think he's a Briles type who fakes the good ol boy routine and hides behind the Bible.
Yep. Briles is a special kind of garbage pile.

LVH

At SEC schools, most of the coaches are just puppets and figureheads, its the network of boosters and bagmen that run the show. There are some exceptions like Saban who are larger than the bagmen/booster cartels at the school, but that is the exception not the rule. 

Ole Miss and Tennessee are the two obvious bagmen schools.

Maybe Hugh Freeze did nothing personally, but as a SEC head coach you are well aware of the bagmen. Saying you know nothing about them is a lie.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

While I agree the Art Briles unaware bit is getting old. No one in the country cheats more than Ole Miss. I would gather they pay 5 to 1 over all schools. You don't suck for 50 years then all of sudden start doing amazing in recruiting before showing any success unless you cheat (like SMU, Ole Miss)