• The KillerFrogs

How to Handicap Park for Stadium?

finafrog

there is (was?) a handicap lot by HR on berry. there is also a bunch of handicap spaces by Shollmeier, not sure if you need an additinal lot permit for that.

frognutz

We used handicap parking in the LT garage (garage 5). It was sweet. If there are any folks who are handicapped, live in Dallas, don't drink, and can drive an Audi A6, I will pay for your food and tickets all season.

W

Way of the Frog

We used handicap parking in the LT garage (garage 5). It was sweet. If there are any folks who are handicapped, live in Dallas, don't drink, and can drive an Audi A6, I will pay for your food and tickets all season.

Just curious, but does an Audi require some special license or knowledge as is the case for a semi or flying a plane or being the engineer on a train?

WhatTheFrog

Live in Dallas - strike one
don't drink - strike two
CAN drive an Audi A6 - yes. DOES drive an Audi A6 - stike three
According to dirtbag...you're out, my friend.

W

Way of the Frog

7562302b046704e52cf7645b2b82e844--audi-allroad-audi-a.jpg

frognutz

Seriously, ADA parking used to be in Lot 8 as I recall, but is now offered in the garage on Lot 5 at $20 per game. No tailgating.

Yeah, that's where we parked. My 70 yo parents were in town for the game from Houston and we had a handicap pass. I'm used to parking at the East end of campus so was a pretty sweet deal.

WhatTheFrog

Yeah, that's where we parked. My 70 yo parents were in town for the game from Houston and we had a handicap pass. I'm used to parking at the East end of campus so was a pretty sweet deal.
The parking garage sits on top of my old parking space, which is the best space that I've ever had. I have disabled vet plates and can utilize disabled parking spaces, but the "no tailgating" policy in the garage kills it for me. I could save $1k+ on parking for a season, but I gotta have my tailgating.

I was assigned the parking garage south of the stadium (no choice) for this last Armed Forces Bowl (veteran tickets). We parked on the top level and tailgated up there (no one else was parked up there). Campus police came by and told us that we had to stop or move to a lot that allowed tailgating. I asked if the tailgating lots would allow us in and she said "only if you have a pass for that lot". I asked for an additional 15 minutes (after we had talked to her for 15 to 20 minutes) and she gave us that. We went home after our time was up.

Yes, I used a ton of parentheses in this post. Sue me.

frognutz

The parking garage sits on top of my old parking space, which is the best space that I've ever had. I have disabled vet plates and can utilize disabled parking spaces, but the "no tailgating" policy in the garage kills it for me. I could save $1k+ on parking for a season, but I gotta have my tailgating.

I was assigned the parking garage south of the stadium (no choice) for this last Armed Forces Bowl (veteran tickets). We parked on the top level and tailgated up there (no one else was parked up there). Campus police came by and told us that we had to stop or move to a lot that allowed tailgating. I asked if the tailgating lots would allow us in and she said "only if you have a pass for that lot". I asked for an additional 15 minutes (after we had talked to her for 15 to 20 minutes) and she gave us that. We went home after our time was up.

Yes, I used a ton of parentheses in this post. Sue me.

Gotcha. I found it strange that the garage was perhaps 20% full at most Saturday. I guess TCU doesn't want a mixed ADA lot along with sold spots

WhatTheFrog

Gotcha. I found it strange that the garage was perhaps 20% full at most Saturday. I guess TCU doesn't want a mixed ADA lot along with sold spots
I think this past Saturday is a poor sample size to take. Hardly any SMU fans made the trip and a lot of regulars failed to come out. If it were OU, UT, TTU, Arky, etc visiting, I think it would be full. It must have been last year, because it took the full 90 minutes allowed for tailgating just to get onto the side streets.