• The KillerFrogs

How much of a factor

jack the frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 5 2010, 10:20 AM) [snapback]540725[/snapback]
IMO, that offensive performance had to do with two young first-year co-coordinators getting schooled by veteran coaches on the other side who threw something new and different at them, and they panicked, went away from what we do, and ultimately got schooled. I might be wrong on that, but that's what it seems like.

That offensive performance had everything to do with the coaches having stage fright. From the inexplicable decision not to practice silent counts in the month and half from the end of the season to the bowl game, to the decision not to snap the ball quick and negative BSU's moving the dl, to not figuring out that the 8 in the box look was not 8 in the box - our young coaches got totally outfoxed by BSU's young coaches.

Couple of the best explanations I have heard imo. All said before, and water under the bridge, but the fact that the game was ours to take is what stuck in my craw. Masterful job by BST coaches. In some ways they found maybe the one way to beat what I thought was an almost unbeatable team.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(kaiser soze @ Apr 5 2010, 12:49 PM) [snapback]540855[/snapback]
Only a d***head would say that. Funny nonetheless though.

:rolleyes:

Bob

Yesterday's box score. Boise had great fans, they were loud, and we gave them a pick 6 to really get them fired up. It was just a bad day. I think everyone there was sick, but hey we'll learn from it.

I'm not worried about other teams studying Boise's D Plan. They won't have Boise's players to make it go. And then, they return what 21 out of 22 this year? Maybe we can have rudux #3 for the National Championship. Wouldn't that give the BCS heartburn? If it did happen, I hope we try to overpower them, ala Aaron Brown and Joseph Turner in the previous bowl, at the line of scrimmage and use that to set up the pass. I think we're bigger. They think they're tougher. And we need to prove that it ain't so. Same goes for everyone else we play. Let's see some smashmouth before we get cute.

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Apr 5 2010, 11:08 AM) [snapback]540870[/snapback]
Couple of the best explanations I have heard imo. All said before, and water under the bridge, but the fact that the game was ours to take is what stuck in my craw. Masterful job by BST coaches. In some ways they found maybe the one way to beat what I thought was an almost unbeatable team.

+1, still so f-ing numb about this loss, can't read any more than two pages about it, can't bring myself to watch the DVR'ed game, can't believe LHOFHCGP got punked like that... that's JV.

PurpleHills

QUOTE(Bob @ Apr 5 2010, 01:27 PM) [snapback]540909[/snapback]
Yesterday's box score. Boise had great fans, they were loud, and we gave them a pick 6 to really get them fired up. It was just a bad day. I think everyone there was sick, but hey we'll learn from it.

I'm not worried about other teams studying Boise's D Plan. They won't have Boise's players to make it go. And then, they return what 21 out of 22 this year? Maybe we can have rudux #3 for the National Championship. Wouldn't that give the BCS heartburn? If it did happen, I hope we try to overpower them, ala Aaron Brown and Joseph Turner in the previous bowl, at the line of scrimmage and use that to set up the pass. I think we're bigger. They think they're tougher. And we need to prove that it ain't so. Same goes for everyone else we play. Let's see some smashmouth before we get cute.

This is what worried me, in several games the O didn't get it together until JK provided a big spark with a punt return. It seemed that the O was waiting for someone or something to kick start the game plan. And even though we won big in the N.Mexico game the Lobos hung tough for way too long for comfort. bottom line is we played "cute" until something broke lose THEN we played smash-mouth football to put the game out of reach........... IMO

PH

Our best games are when WE come out with our hair on fire not when we are playing firemen.

Shooter

QUOTE(PurpleHills @ Apr 6 2010, 04:49 PM) [snapback]541450[/snapback]
This is what worried me, in several games the O didn't get it together until JK provided a big spark with a punt return. It seemed that the O was waiting for someone or something to kick start the game plan. And even though we won big in the N.Mexico game the Lobos hung tough for way too long for comfort. bottom line is we played "cute" until something broke lose THEN we played smash-mouth football to put the game out of reach........... IMO

PH

Our best games are when WE come out with our hair on fire not when we are playing firemen.

Good post PH. You still working mids?

PurpleHills

QUOTE(Shooter @ Apr 6 2010, 05:08 PM) [snapback]541454[/snapback]
Good post PH. You still working mids?

I'm still on 2nd shift out here at the Fighter Factory..... lots of other things, people and places have changed, moved in the past year but I just keep on keeping on.

And you? Still packing the heat?

PH