• The KillerFrogs

Hoops Game Thread: Frogs v Mountaineers

PO Frog

I know this was all self-evident but I’m a little smug about predicting that Olden having a great game would be key to winning. He kept a few bad possessions from turning into momentum shifts in the second half with key threes and defensive effort
Quite a stretch to call that a prediction...If I say it would be a good time for ARob to make 50 straight free throws it would not be me predicting it.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
We rushed it back in 2004 as well when we beat a top 10 Louisville team by 25pts

We rushed the court in 71 or 72, but it wasn’t after the game, it was an all out brawl against the Gaggies after one of their guys decked one of ours. In my case it was more self preservation as 6’7” DT Larry Dibbles and the rest of the football team was coming fast behind me. Once on the court we tried to chase down one of their sanitarium orderly hand signal people to steal his white shirt. But about that time FWPD showed up in force and discretion was the better part of valor...

Chongo94

anyone else catch the little smile and wink that Fran Fraschilla gave to Alex Robinson after the game as players lined up? you can tell, being a local guy, he really appreciates TCU and the road they've taken.

Fran Fraschilla lives in Fort Worth? Never knew that.

Portland Frog

I tried to find it in this thread but couldn’t. Wasn’t it posted somewhere in here that the frogs received a commitment from a player last night during the game? If so, who is it?

Ron Swanson

Appreciate your daughter and her friends. Great TCU student crowd. Have to disagree with you that "the students earned that right" to storm the court. Where did they get that right? It usually brings a stiff $ fine to the host school, and it puts the visiting team trying to leave the court in a bad situation. Can't we celebrate without storming the court? We should act like we expect to win.

We aren’t Duke or Kentucky, we were one of the worst basketball programs over the last two decades in the entire nation. Most everyone I know (and I’m referring to die-hard TCU fans) did not expect us to win.

PurpleBlood87

Great game and the crowd and team were awesome. What an ugly but great win. My daughter is a sophmore at TCU and she texted me from the student section that she was going to rush the court with her friends. The students earned that right as they had a definite impact on the game and the team. I watched them with pride as I thought back on that day in 1986 when Dixon made the shot against Texas and me and my friends rushed the court. That is the last time that I recall the court being rushed at DMC/Schollmaier. Family symmetry through CJD, that’s just amazing.

I was there

SnoSki

We rushed the court in 71 or 72, but it wasn’t after the game, it was an all out brawl against the Gaggies after one of their guys decked one of ours. In my case it was more self preservation as 6’7” DT Larry Dibbles and the rest of the football team was coming fast behind me. Once on the court we tried to chase down one of their sanitarium orderly hand signal people to steal his white shirt. But about that time FWPD showed up in force and discretion was the better part of valor...

How have I never heard this story? TCU fans and aggy basketball players in a brawl?

Brog

We aren’t Duke or Kentucky, we were one of the worst basketball programs over the last two decades in the entire nation. Most everyone I know (and I’m referring to die-hard TCU fans) did not expect us to win.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ron. I had always thought we were Duke or Kentucky.

Dogfrog

It was remodeled and renovated a couple of years ago. It was built in 1961.

Yea I attended many games at D-M in the 60’s, attended TCU and earned my degree in 70’s. Well aware of the history, thanks. But with all due respect to Mr. Schollmeier, this is a new arena to me.

Chico Dusty

Great game and the crowd and team were awesome. What an ugly but great win. My daughter is a sophmore at TCU and she texted me from the student section that she was going to rush the court with her friends. The students earned that right as they had a definite impact on the game and the team. I watched them with pride as I thought back on that day in 1986 when Dixon made the shot against Texas and me and my friends rushed the court. That is the last time that I recall the court being rushed at DMC/Schollmaier. Family symmetry through CJD, that’s just amazing.

That’s awesome! The court was rushed when we beat Louisville either 2004 or 2005...can’t remever the year, but when I was in school from 2002-2006

Froginbedford

How have I never heard this story? TCU fans and aggy basketball players in a brawl?

I was there, and IIRC, when we got to our cars after the game, they were covered with snow....The game gave TCU at least a tie for the championship and A&M was not contending....A great, chair-throwing brawl....