• The KillerFrogs

Hill is our Romo

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Puts up numbers and makes some plays and offsets them with some terrible throws and mistakes but is good enough that they wont take him out and you wont see the other guy.

Cant believe I had to sweat out another Kansas game. Not much about this team is good this year.

Looking forward to whatever pissass bowl we can qualify for.

TCURiggs

Much like Romo, the people who don't tend to understand that football is a team game usually just blame it on the QB. Romo carried a bad defense for the vast majority of his career.

No doubt Hill had his worst game today but the constant QB bashing is a tired bit. This isn't a very good team, and QB play isn't in the top 5 problems (penalties, drops, OL play, secondary, etc...).

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCURiggs said:
Much like Romo, the people who don't tend to understand that football is a team game usually just blame it on the QB. Romo carried a bad defense for the vast majority of his career.

No doubt Hill had his worst game today but the constant QB bashing is a tired bit. This isn't a very good team, and QB play isn't in the top 5 problems (penalties, drops, OL play, secondary, etc...).
Beyond the overall team quality he makes poor decisons, forcing throws into coverage, failing to see defenders. He is making mistakes along with the overall play of the team that is not good. That is what I see. Does he make some good throws? Yes. Had drops? Yes. Runs good. Ok. Does he make some poor throws and attempts and has turnovers piling up? Yes. I want to see some Sawyer but we arent going to unless Hill cant go. Hope I am entitled to my opinion and observations as are you.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
RollToad said:
You assume we're making a bowl?
Not trying to put the bad play entirely at his feet but he is making mistakes that costs the offense momentum and points. Poor OL play and defense are also contributing. But perhaps a more consistent offense without lapses at the QB position would help.

I am simply in the minutes after watching us struggle and barely win against a terrible team. I have some different expectations for this program at this point, and pissed off, and disappointed that we are apparently not as good this year as I thought we were going in.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DeuceBoogieNights said:
Hill is a problem. You can ignore it but it's still a problem. Funny how so many people make excuses for him.
Not all him, but some is. The offense cannot gain consistency and sustain drives. That affects a lot of things.

All I am saying is give Sawyer some time. Won't happen though, obviously after today.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ArgyleFrog2010 said:
Hill is the only reason we had a chance against Arky and OU

solid thread
He is also the reason we lost to Arky on an absolutely horrible throw and pick six. Yes he made some plays then too.

I hate to break it to people but we just aren't very good. Unless he's Tom Brady, Foster isn't going to change a thing with this team. Our OL is absolutely pathetic right now and we don't/can't run the ball.

I hope Meachum gets a head job this year because unless the talent is superb this offense just doesn't work. We just don't put our playmakers in position to impact the game as we have in prior years.

DeuceBoogieNights

TopFrog said:
Not all him, but a some is. The offense cannot gain consistency and sustain drives. That affects a lot of things.

All I am saying is give Sawyer some time. Won't happen though, obviously after today.
Sawyer isn't the answer either. There is no answer besides wait it out. We got spoiled with Dalton and Boykin.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DeuceBoogieNights said:
Sawyer isn't the answer either. There is no answer besides wait it out. We got spoiled with Dalton and Boykin.
This may be true but I would like a chance to see. Obviously the coaches see practice everyday so have to trust why it is what it is.

Guess we will just have to watch the rest of the season unfold and hope I am wrong. But I haven't been wrong on Romo for years despite everyone who defends him. Just saying. Hope I am wrong on Hill and things begin to click better with him and the offense.

BTW, despite the OL I would like to see us run the ball more. RB is our strength.

LisaLT

Hill might be more like Fitzpatrick than Romo after watching this game.

Hill is no Boykin. But he may be the best of the QBs this year.

I just hope that he cleans up the bad reads/turnovers going into the second half of the season. That alone could make a huge difference.