• The KillerFrogs

HCGP Succession Plan-Cumbie or Fuente

wilson912

At some point in the next few years Gary may desire to have a succession plan in place. Surely the two top candidates are gonna be Sonny Cumbie (on staff) and Justin Fuente (assuming his success continues). Which one is preferred? Give me Cumbie but i would be happy with Justin.

tenor.gif

Eight

off hand can anyone recall a head coaching situation with a succession plan in place that has ended well?

muschamp at texas? nope.

jimbo at fsu? he won a title, but how much damage was done with the manner in which bowden left the job?

snyder is trying to force a situation in manhattan that is sitting well with many.

Wexahu

Neither. When Gary steps down you go out and get the best guy. If at the time it happens to be Cumbie or Fuente and they are available, so be it, but I wouldn't worry about trying to maintain continuity, keeping players and recruits on board, etc. Hire the right guy and everything works itself out. Not a huge fan of succession plans.

Moose Stuff

Neither. When Gary steps down you go out and get the best guy. If at the time it happens to be Cumbie or Fuente and they are available, so be it, but I wouldn't worry about trying to maintain continuity, keeping players and recruits on board, etc. Hire the right guy and everything works itself out. Not a huge fan of succession plans.

If we’re throwing Cumbie into the mix then you gotta put Luper in there too IMO.