• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Schollmeier 212... we need all your voodoo tonight. These ponies want to wreck our streak. I want to wreck their skulls.

odd-museums-Historic-Voodoo-Museum-520.jpg

Chico Dusty

What??

Fun fact. I opened the Aardvark. Like, literally - on opening night late 90s, we were the first band up. Look it up. The Cleavers, opening for (among others, like maybe Lone Star Trio) Funland

That’s awesome! We had some amazing times there our senior year 05-06. My buddy has a gig there every Tuesday and it turned into a huge night for students to party there. Every Tuesday for year I had the same routine - night class, chick fil-a, Kings, pre party at my house (we lived on Cockrell), walk to Aardvark, get weird. Good times.

TCURiggs

That’s awesome! We had some amazing times there our senior year 05-06. My buddy has a gig there every Tuesday and it turned into a huge night for students to party there. Every Tuesday for year I had the same routine - night class, chick fil-a, Kings, pre party at my house (we lived on [ the old ricardo ]rell), walk to Aardvark, get weird. Good times.

The old raicardorell got me

Purp

That’s awesome! We had some amazing times there our senior year 05-06. My buddy has a gig there every Tuesday and it turned into a huge night for students to party there. Every Tuesday for year I had the same routine - night class, chick fil-a, Kings, pre party at my house (we lived on [ the old ricardo ]rell), walk to Aardvark, get weird. Good times.
We lived on Cockrell too, but across the street from the Bookstore parking lot. You were likely on the other side of Berry. But we spent a ton of time in The Pub, The Cellar, The Fuzz, The Aardvark, and The Texadelphia when it was where Buffalo Bros. is now.

Pretty similar routine for us 5-6 nights a week except instead of Kings we were either in the 7/11 or Kroger for a couple 30 packs of Stones. Then we proceeded to play some hybrid of tackle football and beer pong until the beer was gone. Then we dispersed to one of those bars.

The decision to hit 7-11 for beer or Kroger depended on whether or not we felt like walking or driving. Our routine also included a late night run for food to either 7-11 for those taquitos on rollers or Alvarado's for the gargantuan Texas burrito for $3.25. Again, the decision to hit 7-11 or Alvy's depended upon the desire to walk or drive, though this was was less cogent a thought process.

Occasionally we'd hit Whataburger, but that place was always so crowded and populated with Fort Dub's finest it's wasn't a common spot for us like it was for most.

Then we'd get home and usually find a half dozen people already at our place either drinking on the front porch waiting for us to get home or breaking in through a window to play beer pong until we got home. Our life was weird for almost 3 years in that house, but so fantastic.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

By the way, Los Pin-dejos - now affectionately known as Team 6 (because we showed up late to the league meeting and were too lazy to correct them later) - wrapped up our first league title last night with one week left in the season. Gonna try to have “Fall 2017 League Champs” t-shirts made in time to wear next Monday night. Debating whether to drink heavily while bowling next week or just show up already smashed.

edit: probably a little of both.

Alcohol pizza and bowling

Frog-in-law1995

Thought you’d be all over it with your love of the theater

I like live theater (some, not all). I’d definitely go see a national touring company do a live musical version of A Christmas Story. But just filming a play and putting it on TV sucks. Or maybe I’m just remembering the VHS tapes my parents made of my school plays growing up. Those definitely sucked, but probably mostly for other reasons.